New Apartment or New Truck..

Ok i'm having a delema. I have enough money saved up to move to where my bf lives and to hold me over till i found a decent job. And that was actually my plan for the summer. We have a pretty good relationship and have been together for awhile but i hate not being closer to him because we're further apart than i'd like to be. Problem is, my car is a cheap little thing that sputs along and gets me where i'm going but isn't that reliable. So my dad comes and tells me he finds me a truck thats at a pretty good price and in my price range. The bank said they'd approve my loan and i could easily get it paid off within a year if i stay at my same job i'm at now and use the money i was planning to move with. I have no idea what i should do. My parents want me here and they kinda run my life. I just want to get out and be able to do things on my own for once but i don't want to fail either. So i'm not really sure what to do. My bf can't move because he's in school and i really like it where he lives anyway. If anyone has any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

I find it helpful to think about either/or decisions like this as a place where there's no "wrong" answer. You can't do the wrong thing- you'll just do one and not do the other. What do you gain from each choice? What will you lose? It's obviously not an easy call- otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

I don't know anything about your situation, but without that context, I lean toward advising you to get the vehicle. But that is influenced by how highly I personally value reliable transportation. It's closely linked to independence for me. Plus, if you have a more reliable, fuel efficient, etc. car, couldn't you drive to see your boyfriend more often?

Good luck- you'll make a good decision.

In my opinion, a new car would be best.. Sooner or later your car will break down & you will have to get a new one anyway, so why not just get one now while you have the money? You can still go visit your boyfriend. He will still be there, unlike your car. That is of course if you both stay together, which i'm sure you plan to be together for a logn time since you are thinking about moving in together.. I guess just think ahead about this. Think about what you really need at this point as oppossed to what you want.

Woah, now that is a tough call. It depends, if you move away on your family and friends as well as the probability of finding a new job (unless this is like close by and they won't be affected).

But if you can get your bf 2 help out actually why don't you just go live with him? and use the trucks you buy to get there!

Heb

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I think i'm going to really consider getting the truck because yeah, i do need a more reliable source of transportation and of course my bf isn't going anywhere and i can still see him. Who knows, maybe i'll get a raise and be able to get money saved back up and still move too. I'll keep you guys updated. I'll know today whether or not i'm getting the truck. The dealership raised the price so i dunno what's going to happen.