hey guys,

me and this girl have gotten to know each other for the past few weeks/ months and we have grown rather fond of each other. I've met her parents too. They aren't bad people. In fact they are some of the nicest people i've met. so basically it's the ol' i like her, she likes me sorta thing. I got thinking about it a couple days ago and realized that she is a REALLY good looking girl and i'm not the most handsome guy around. I guess she likes me for my personality. I don't really know. Anyway, I wanna take better care of myself from now on. I mean, I brush my teeth and wash my face and all that crap but is there anything special i can do to either clear up my skin, whiten my teeth, or anything along those lines? I basically just want to improve my look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, personally, i've had a on/off problem with acne.

I'm trying a new method right now. It seems to be working really well. Before, i used all those creams and crap each night, and they'd help and all. But, if you missed one night, you break out like crazy. So, that wasn't so good for me. Right now, I dont use the creams much. I just wash my face often, to get all the oil off my skin. And evey now and then, maybe once a week, i use the creams (10% benzol peroxide) only on the spots where the acne is the worst. This approach really helps. Its sort of slow, but it works well. I have't really boken out since i started it.

as for other things...

Use an anti-persperent deodorant. if you want to be really special, use a conservative sented one and use a cologne. smell makes a lot of difference with women. they just love good smelling guys. also, bush your teeth in the morning and at night. use mouth wash whenever you are about to see her. cant really help you on the hair. lol, dont know what sorta hair you have.

hope this helps

I'll try to help with the hair =P. I changed my hair and now I have alot of chicks flirting with me now.

I have curly hair. Which I thought sucked. I usually kept it short @ about 4 inches. It was long enough to get a little wavy and frizzy. I didn't really like how hair gel was stiff and made it look like I was a grease head. So I let my hair grow out about 10 inches I'd guess. ((( look at my pic in my signature ))) I use texturizer, and lots of it. It holds like gel but it doesn't make my hair stiff. you can add some pomade too to further height the hold yet retain softness.

When I wake up, I soak my hair. rub a nickel size amount around my palms and apply to my hair. I then do a little head banging and shaking and my hair nautrally falls the way it is in my signature. I pat down any stray clumps of hair and go about my day. I can get all sweaty, jump around on trampoline, do all kinds of sports and my hair keeps its "definition". hats and really fast rides in convertable only things that ruin it.

if you have straight hair.... can't really help ya there. sorry

- Go to a good hair salon and ask for a funky new cut. It's worth the $$

- Wash your face with a special face cleanser (not soap!) and moisturise afterwards (it's not sissy for men to do this anymore. We're living in the age of the metrosexual 8) )

Just a few ideas. But hey - you're already with this girl so she obviously already likes you! Just be yourself

For the hair, use HARD WAX to style it. I've got something called "Wave & Groom" that I guess is pretty common for that. It's the red can -- they've got a blue can also, but that's softer wax. The hard wax is good for short cuts. Unless you already have it, I think some form of sideburns (like short slim ones about the length half an ear) give a more mature and masculine impression.

Use some nice deodorant and after shave/eau de toilette. My personal favorite is Dolce & Gabbana. The first scent they released, in the blue boxes. I guess it's "the original" because it has no name. Second favorite is Sergio Tacchini in the silver with glass bottle. These things don't exactly have names straight up, so I'm sorry. One with a name that's kinda good is Christian Dior's Fahrenhet, but the two others are killer compared. Here's some links:

link removed

link removed

I always wear carpenter jeans. I find they fit everyone real nicely. If you got skinny legs, big legs, or regular legs, the straight leg carpenter jeans are really good. I think Polo makes the most comfortable ones, and they're kinda descrete because it doesn't say "POLO" all over. Here's what I mean:

link removed

On my feet, I typically wear Timberland boots. My new favorite is the roll-top boot which fits well in all seasons. These boots really last a long time if that's a concern. The "wheat nubuck" color is always a good start. I like all colors, though. Here's those boots:

link removed

With all that, the way you carry yourself is also important. Try walking with your neck straight and shoulders not hanging down. Move your arms while walking, relax and beathe, smile and say hello to people.

Just do these changes if you feel like it. There's always some investment involved, but the pay off is greater. I never managed to make this change quickly cause I had to figure out all the above on my own, so there you go! The most important thing is to not let your outer styling change who you are, because that's who people like anyway. The styling is for yourself and your own well-being.

If you are aiming to change your appearance, do it in small stages. She already likes you for who you are--this includes how you look--because she is going out with you. However, I see your point that you want to improve just for her.

If you suddenly buy a new wardrobe, get a new haircut, slap on cologne--all at once--, I'm afraid she may barely recognize you and think that you were trying to be something you're not.

So perhaps for now start small and work yourself up (on the changes) if you think that is necessary. You don't need to make a whole lot of changes to make her see that you are trying to spruce yourself up--small changes give enough of an impact.

For starters you could begin with good smelling deoderant--i.e., Old Spice, and get a haircut--not a drastic one but just so your hair looks like you take care of it. For instance, I know this guy who had already short hair and it looked okay but when he got a haircut/trim, he looked a whole lot better.

Another tip is to make sure all your clothes are clean and without wrinkles--this really makes a person presentable. And personally I like it when a guy wears a nice dressy watch--Fossil makes some good men watches by the way.

Good luck!

my hair is my main focus right now. i have somewhat long hair. it doesn't cover my eyes but i can see the tips of it if i look up and raise my eyebrows. i just don't know what to do with it. it's not curly. it just gets a lil wavy if i let it grow out to where it is now. does anyone have any tips on how to style it/ what to use in it?

When I had long hair and needed to style it, I used hard wax. I've had several long cuts. When the front went down to the eyes or further down, I'd have it cut uneven and layered, perhaps discreetely parted in the middle, and I'd use the hard wax to keep it in place. Styling gel is too soft to make the style last through the day. At least for me. I'm not sure what kinda cut works for you, but I personally prefer uneven cuts because you can get away with not being overly concerned about styling it. I mean, a perfectly straight and cut hairdo requires a lot of attention. Ashton Kutcher is a good example of a "comfortable" and good-looking hairdo:

link removed

PS. use the back and next button on the link above to see if from different angles.