Please help me with my guy dilemma

For starter it may help to read my other topic "I haven't talked to him for a while" in the "conversational tips" forum.

If not then basically this is my little story. There is this guy at my work that I like and I think likes me. We work in different departments. One day we happened to have break at the same time and we just started talking and had a great conversation. The next day we saw each other and said hey. Then we didn't see each other for two weeks. On the third week, I saw him from a distance and we just looked at each other. For the past weeks (well weekends) I've gotten into the habit of looking at him than looking away and pretending like I wasn't looking at him. When I walk by him I look to see if he is looking and usually he is.

Today we both were walking towards each other and I just pretended not to see him. And now I am kicking myself because there was the perfect opportunity to say hello and I just couldn't do it. Well he was also I guess looking the other way pretending not to see me. And now here I am with this little pain in my gut telling me that pretty soon he's going to stop liking me (if he ever did) unless we talk or do at least anything again soon.

I also keep thinking that it would be too weird to say hello now since it has been a few weeks and I've walked by him a few times pretending not to notice him or just glancing at him quickly.

Sometimes though there is no way I could say hello at those times as we are several metres apart and there are people walking between us. Or should I at those times do something like shoot him a smile? But I'm afraid to feel stupid if he doesn't notice or he doesn't smile back.

What can I do about this pain in my gut as I fear time is running out unless I or he does something soon? I keep hoping that we'd have break again at the same time but so far no luck.

How can I get the courage to say hello to him? Any other advice?

And Thanks for reading.

Go for it. You've gotta take a chance. If you're nervous, think of it this way: it's better to have a shot and fail than spend the rest of your life wondering what might have been.

Perhaps he likes you. Perhaps he doesn't (although it sounds like he does!). Perhaps you're right for eachother, perhaps you're not. But you'll never know until you talk to him!!

Good luck! Keep us posted on what happens!

Ok so I'm a tad *beeped* off today. He and two other guys were in the breakroom not on their break but just hanging out and walking around. So I go to sit down and we look at each other...I was just about to say hi and he looked away. I don't think he meant it to be rude--afterall we haven;t talked in a month and I've done the same to him by accident but *sigh*. Anywho his friend said something funny and we (me and his friend) looked at each other and laughed a bit. Then they left and me and his friend talked for a bit.

So I've decided I'm going to stop worrying about when or if I should say hi to him. I see his friends more often than i see him and they're pretty nice and funny.

I think whatever chemistry we had when we first talked is gone now. *sigh*

Ok, here's my opinion... I think that if something is meant to happen, then it will, I believe in fate and I don't think it's worth going for something or someone unless you really think it's worth.

If you really like this guy, then by all means find out if he's got a g/f or just ask him straight, at least then you'll know where you stand.

Another thing is that it's a huge myth to say that guy like to chase, I think most men wouldn't mind being asked out.

Good luck, whatever you choose I hope things go well for you....