Another dream thread: most emotional dream

I just have to share a dream I had last night. I couldn’t believe how emotional it left me. I don’t think any dream has made me break down like this before.

The dream was long and most of it I don’t remember, but near the end, I had some kind of vision that told me that my cat was going die. So I found my cat and held her. Then I had another vision that told me how my cat was going to die. It told me there would be loud sounds that would startle her to death. Then I started hearing loud clapping sounds, and she started to suffer and struggle and all I could do was watch. It was then I was pulled out of my dream and woke up.

I jumped out of bed and found her, picked her up, and started crying hysterically. I sat in bed for like an hour thinking about the dream and what it meant before going back to sleep.

For the first two weeks after my breakup I had nearly nightly dreams about me and my ex coming back together. There were lots of dreams of us being close, like kissing, sex, hold each other, etc. After a few weeks the dreams changed to her doing things that solidified the breakup more, like telling me never to talk to her again, telling me about her new bf, etc. Now in the last few days I’ve started having more dreams that my ex is not in, but are still clearly related.

I’m clearly going though different phases of the breakup, but none of them are easy at all.

I usually refer to link removed when I have dreams

This is what I found about your dream.

To see your or someone else's pet in your dream, represents civilized instincts. You are keeping your temper in line. Alternatively, it indicates a need for love and acceptance. You are lacking attention from others and are feeling neglected. The pet may also be a pun for "petting" as in some sexual behavior.

To dream of a dead pet, suggests that something that you had thought was left in the past is coming back to haunt you. Similarly to seeing your childhood home, a past pet serves the same function as trying to bring you back into that particular time period. A situation in your current life may parallel a situation in your past and the dream is providing a means of resolving it.

I would have to think about that more. But I will look at that site. It sounds interesting. I have often found my emotional state in a dream to be parallel to whatever is going on in my life, and often the content of my dream is nearly random but fits that emotional state.

I know lately since the breakup I have been much more patient with my cat and made more time to be with her. I've felt guilty about spending so much time out of the house lately because our cat usually had much more contact throughout the day from me and my ex.

Archived