can't sleep

WhyTry

This is so frustrating. For like a week or so, it's been impossible to fall asleep. I've been going to sleep at like 7 am. Not much has really changed though, so I'm confused as to why this is happening. It's gonna be such a * * * * ty day.

Oh, on that note, a quick question for those of you that brush your teeth before you go to sleep. I generally wait till im tired to brush my teeth, but once i'm done with brushing, flossing, and mouth washing, I'm not tired anymore, though I figure that my body would've started associating sleep + mouth care together after so many years. Do any of you experience a similar loss of sleepiness?

This is so frustrating. For like a week or so, it's been impossible to fall asleep. I've been going to sleep at like 7 am. Not much has really changed though, so I'm confused as to why this is happening. It's gonna be such a * * * * ty day.

Oh, on that note, a quick question for those of you that brush your teeth before you go to sleep. I generally wait till im tired to brush my teeth, but once i'm done with brushing, flossing, and mouth washing, I'm not tired anymore, though I figure that my body would've started associating sleep + mouth care together after so many years. Do any of you experience a similar loss of sleepiness?

I suffer from random bouts of insomnia. Tonight is one.

I find that I can only sleep at a reasonable hour when I don't have responsibilities the following morning. When I do, I can't sleep.

Lemme join this club...i started a thread last week I think about insomnia. I've been up for 4hrs right now....I've been laid off, so the stress about money and bills has eaten away at me. With all this free time on my hands, my mind has been running amuck, scrutinizing every aspect of my life, my relationship, friendships, jobs, physical appearance, etc....i'm driving myself nutsssssss..

Lemme join this club...i started a thread last week I think about insomnia. I've been up for 4hrs right now....I've been laid off, so the stress about money and bills has eaten away at me. With all this free time on my hands, my mind has been running amuck, scrutinizing every aspect of my life, my relationship, friendships, jobs, physical appearance, etc....i'm driving myself nutsssssss..

The loss of your security will do that. For now, why not focus on a hobby, or take up a new one? Woodworking/finishing is a rewarding and heavily time consuming hobby with a huge learning curve, guaranteed to keep your mind busy.

Repaint your house. Learn how to spray lacquer and redo your kitchen. Sand your hardwood floors to raw wood and restain them.

All huge, time consuming jobs - and if you're good, could potentially turn into an income stream for you.

The loss of your security will do that. For now, why not focus on a hobby, or take up a new one? Woodworking/finishing is a rewarding and heavily time consuming hobby with a huge learning curve, guaranteed to keep your mind busy.

Repaint your house. Learn how to spray lacquer and redo your kitchen. Sand your hardwood floors to raw wood and restain them.

All huge, time consuming jobs - and if you're good, could potentially turn into an income stream for you.

Ah, thanks for the suggestion....I'm a bit of a prissy chick though...not really into the physical labor Now I have been thinking about some new interior decorating ideas...ie new curtains, new bathroom "themes"...lol..thats more my style...

Ah, thanks for the suggestion....I'm a bit of a prissy chick though...not really into the physical labor Now I have been thinking about some new interior decorating ideas...ie new curtains, new bathroom "themes"...lol..thats more my style...

Run them by me - Im a professional refinisher and my dad's wife is creme de la creme when it comes to interior designers in this city. I'm sure I could shoot you some cool ideas.

Don't eat too much close to bed time.

If you haven't fallen asleep after about 20 minutes, get up and do something until you are sleepy. By laying in bed awake, your body will start to disassociate your bed with sleep.

Also, try not to have too much stimulation (tv, loud music, games, etc.) before bed if it helps.

This kind of goes along with the disassociation I mentioned above, but don't text while trying to fall asleep, or talk on the phone, because it can also stop your body from thinking, "bed=sleepy time."

Also, get outside during the day if you can. Sunlight regulates your body's circadian rhythm which is essentially a built in clock. If you get sun during the day, you'll be better able to sleep at night. Indoor lighting just isn't bright enough to have this effect. Since it's close to winter, this is harder to do, but you can buy certain types of lamps (they're a bit pricey though) that will mimic this type of light.

Ok, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Archived