classroom scene

smooki

hi, im in university and in one of my classes theres this cute girl. the classes are smaller, like 40 people, but she sits on the opposite side from me. i have never met or talked to her ever, but i want to somehow meet her and maybe eventually be able to ask her out. i just want to know how i could go about approaching and talking to her casually just to get to know her and become friends to start off. i know, some people might give a suggestion like "do you wanna study with me or something". but i can't do that because i have never met her ever, and i am not comfortable just asking to study with me. as i said, she does sit on the opposite side of the class from me, and once class ends, everyone just leaves, so simply going up to her after and arbitrarily talking to her just doesn't seem like something i would do. but obviously i need to engage in some form of conversation and approach her in order to start anything. which is why i am looking for some casual ideas just to get to be friends. thanks

Cold approaches are difficult. You need to work up a rapport if you are not skilled at them. Do not angle to be friends first.

Firstly how are you setup for this class? do you have friends or are you on your own here? If you have friends, you are better off, assuming you keep a friendly and happy attitude about yourself. If not, you should start being chatty with whoever you sit near.

Now, try and catch her eyes now and then by accident, and smile. If she doesn't look away, keep looking, after a minute wave and smirk while mouthing "hi".

Next time you get a chance, outside of class (either before or after) walk near her and say hello out loud. If she's smiling and friendly, then she's probably interested. The great thing about being in a school environment is all you really need to do from here is say "Hi, I'm Smooki, would you like to grab a coffee later today?" Be friendly, calm, and confident. Be ready to be shot down, if it happens, no big deal. Get your eyes on the next cute girl and move on (but continue to smile and say hello to this lady every chance you get, she might ask you out at some point instead).

Next time you get a chance, outside of class (either before or after) walk near her and say hello out loud. If she's smiling and friendly, then she's probably interested. The great thing about being in a school environment is all you really need to do from here is say "Hi, I'm Smooki, would you like to grab a coffee later today?" Be friendly, calm, and confident. Be ready to be shot down, if it happens, no big deal. Get your eyes on the next cute girl and move on (but continue to smile and say hello to this lady every chance you get, she might ask you out at some point instead).

Another thing you can do is wait until you have test or an assignment due. If you're both done and she's still around, you can simply ask her, "Well, how do you think you did on that test?" Bam. Conversation started.

A friend of mine asked that very question to a girl in his class. I've been invited to their wedding.

• 3 weeks later...

i havent really attempted going up to her yet. but i was wondering, during class, like when the teacher is talking, sometimes i see her looking my way. but im not sure if she is looking at me or at something around me. or if she is looking at me, but just because she's looking at different people in the class. they are not stares and dont happen like every minute, but i do sometimes see her looking in my general area. how do i know if she is looking at me and if its because she likes me. like if i cracked a smile at her when i catch her looking, how do i know if she likes me. obviously if she smiles back, i will know, but in the not obvious situation, if i smile and she just looks

Archived