Ok well People always say they get hurt in relationships and that there done trying right? I mean people get there heart broken every day, nothing different. People think there in love and then one day it all disappears, it happens to everyone of all different age groups, Loving can be the greatest feeling you can feel, but then it can be the worse pain yet. I think im better off me myself and I! Well heres my story:

Well my names Kayla. My boyfriends name is Dominic. Dominic and I have been going out off and on for about a month now. We went to school together and we never really talked until I found out he liked me. Then the whole picture changes. He got my screenname for aol, and we talk everyday. Until one day he asked me out. I told him yea. He was new and exciting, very funny and cute too. I thought man I have everything now! Boy was I wrong. He can talk to me on the phone and computer, but he was very shy in person. In the beginning he wouldnt talk or look at me. I thought it was just a phase he was going through, he'll get over it. Days went by and he didnt. So i thought it would be better being friends, I told him this. He was ok with it...or so I thought. I thought maybe we could get to talkin then go back out maybe if we still liked each other. Well he asked me back out a weeks later, and I said yea cuz I thought maybe he changed or something. Well he did sort of. He talked to me in person a little bit, not to much though. But everything was getting back on track so I wasnt worried. So 2 weeks went by, actually right on the 2 weeks we were going out his best friend and I got into a fight, and Dominic wouldnt stick up for me, I got mad, so mad I said screw it and dumped him. He was so hurt.

That night Dominic tried to kill himself...he was gonna slit his wrists his best friend grabbed the knife out of his hands. I wasnt over him at all, I still had feelings for him. But I thought I broke up with him so deal with it. Dominic changed towards me. He said he was over me and he was pretty sure we were thru as bf/gf. So I was really hurt cuz I was planning on becoming friends with him and I knew if we didnt go back out everything would be messed up between us. The next day Dominic wrote me a note saying he missed me and still liked me. That night he asked me out, I was happy and told him yea. So that was about a weeks ago...Were goin out now. This is where the problem starts, my best friend and his best friend Jeff is causing so much crap between Dominic and I. hes tellin me one thing and Dominic another, hes really tryin to break us up, which i think is messed up, cuz I luv Jeff as a friend and it pisses me off. And I guess Dominic is mad at me now. Im thinkin Id seriosuly be better off me myself and I....What should I do?

Hi Kayla,

I guess you have to decide if you're willing to put the time and effort it will take to get to know Dominic better. Seeing as how he is very shy when speaking to him in person, it might take some time for him to open up to you offline. You just have to be very patient and make him feel comfortable with you in person.

I don't know if his friend is trying to break you two up-- it could be possible, but the best thing to do, I think, is to get any doubts you might have cleared up with Dominic himself so that you know where he stands. Try to stay away from the whole asking his best friend what he thinks of you strategy because if the best friend does have an agenda, you might get a distorted answer that causes problems between you and your boyfriend. Which makes me think about Dominic's suicide attempt when you broke up with him... whom did you hear that from?

Hope this helps a bit

Stefi