okay like how? i'm going to do my ex-boyfriend a favor and ring up either his university's dean or his mom in the next few days. or i could just visit his mom. i don't want to hear about any more crazy psycho ex stories in the near future.

don't know who is more understanding with heartbreak and the law.

he's not.

• 2 years later...

Hi Leighton. I know this thread is a couple of years old now, I hope you don't mind me digging it up.

I've been called emotionally abusive by two exes. I didn't think much about it the first time, but now it's happened again I'm starting to think seriously about it. A lot of the stuff other people said on this thread really helped. I guess I'm hoping you can share something of your personal journey over the last couple of years since writing this. Like, what has helped you with this stuff?

Hi Leighton. I know this thread is a couple of years old now, I hope you don't mind me digging it up.

I've been called emotionally abusive by two exes. I didn't think much about it the first time, but now it's happened again I'm starting to think seriously about it. A lot of the stuff other people said on this thread really helped. I guess I'm hoping you can share something of your personal journey over the last couple of years since writing this. Like, what has helped you with this stuff?

Well in my case, I realized after that I wasn't abusive. His crazy making and blaming just made me think that. But there's an awesome book out there for victims and the abusive, that you can really learn a lot about yourself from. It's called "The Verbally Abusive Relationship" by Patricia Evans.

• 1 month later...
Well in my case, I realized after that I wasn't abusive. His crazy making and blaming just made me think that. But there's an awesome book out there for victims and the abusive, that you can really learn a lot about yourself from. It's called "The Verbally Abusive Relationship" by Patricia Evans.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'd started to wonder how much of it was just them not speaking their mind and using this as an excuse. (I checked out the reviews of this book on Amazon but it didn't really float my boat).

Archived