A friend who I've fallen for told me he liked me a while ago but couldn't date me because he thought it wouldn't be fair to me because he wasn't sure how he felt about his ex and knew he wasn't over her. But he told me he did want to be over her since she had no interest in getting back with him. So the only problem I thought there was is that he needed time to sort his feelings out about her... well, that was when I knew she had a boyfriend and knew she wasn't interested in getting back together. Well, she has recently broken up with her boyfriend and it's almost time to go home for summer (i'm in college). They hooked up over winter break and I'm scared they'll hook up again over summer break. It's not that I'm jealous, really. It's more that I'm scared for him and for us. If they hook up over break, he's not going to get over her in the slightest and then there will be no chance for us in the fall. I really like this guy and his ex really messed him up and isn't good for him. My friends say that maybe he'll realize that he doesn't really want to be with her when he hooks up over break but I think my fears are legit. I just don't know what to think... anybody have any ideas as to how I can keep this guys interest over break when I'm thousands of miles away or anything else I should do?

Confused,

I don't think there is anything you should try to do to keep his interest over break. Let the chips fall where they may. Enjoy your summer and maybe you will meet a nice guy to take your mind off of him. I know you think he might be the one for you, but do you really want to be second best right now?

Don't try to save yourself for this guy, or spend your summer pinning over him, have fun. If things are meant to be you will both be single again at the start of the new school year. Then you can pursue a relationship. But if you close yourself off to meeting new people over the summer I fear you will just be disappointed.