Alright here's my deal, I just got out of a long term relationship like a month ago and am new to this dating stuff again. So I met this girl this weekend through a mutual friend, her sorority sister and I can't get her out of my mind. We danced all night at the bars on Friday night, kissed etc. Then Saturday talked on the phone a little, and met up at the bars again, she left the bars, then left me a message to tell me where she was and I met up with her again. We danced again, kissed again etc. So I think I'm in a pretty good situation if she called me to meet up with her. So school's over in two weeks and I'm wondering when I should make my move. I want to ask her out for Friday, so I was wondering when I should call her to do this? I was thinking no contact with her until Tuesday unless she calls me first. If anyone knows how I should do this or has any advice, let me know. thanks!

Take it slow and play it cool is my advice. Its hard to decide when to call so you don't seem stand-offish, but not desperate either. Each girl has their own preference so sometimes it is difficult.

I would give it till Tuesday or Wednesday and then try getting a hold of her to see what she is doing. If she has plans don't freak out. If she doesn't see about dinner, but don't do the movie thing. Movies are a bad idea for first, second, third, or fourth dates. I don't reccommend movies until you know each other well. You can't talk in a movie so it doesn't help you to get to know one another.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should call on Tuesday...if you wait too long, you will come accross as not very interested. I would wait 2 to 3 days max. It really depends on her though, and she doesn't seem like the 'go slow' type so far, considering the kissing etc. You probably could have called her the next day!

Asking in advance is very respectful, and she'll appreciate that.