Starting to have bad acne

Forumzguy

Since school started, i've had loss of stress. This stress cause my face to breakout badly. I've never have this bad of an ance before. Is there anyway to cure acne naturally or fast? I've been using proactive for more than a week now but haven't seen any improvement. There are lots of scars from my face now due to me picking my pimples every morning when I wake up and see the image of my face.

Proactive never worked for me when I needed it. I use Clean and Clear deep action scrub every night, and I alternate between night moisturizer and persa gel (all from clean and clear). This keeps my face clean, for the most part (other than an occasional pimple or two on my chin or cheek). If you do use some type of benzoyl cream/gel, use it sparingly on your face or it will dry out.

I do use makeup, and can only use Maybelline for foundation and eyes, and anything to do with blush or powder has to be Physician's Formula.

It's been a long time since my acne days (I'm old!) but back then I would wash my face in the morning and at night, only pick my face at night (if you do it in the morning then you have to walk out of the house with your face inflamed), and put on acne medicine before bed. I heard proactive is great but I think there are a lot of great products out now, unlike in my day...

Remember don't pick in the morning, only at night.

It's been a long time since my acne days (I'm old!) but back then I would wash my face in the morning and at night, only pick my face at night (if you do it in the morning then you have to walk out of the house with your face inflamed), and put on acne medicine before bed. I heard proactive is great but I think there are a lot of great products out now, unlike in my day...

Remember don't pick in the morning, only at night.

Not yelling, but: NO PICKING.

Use a treatment hidden in a concealer if you must address a whitehead or blackhead, but once you scar your skin it does not improve with age.

Too many good treatments out there now that don't harm you--so don't harm yourself with impatience.

If all else fails, see a dermatologist for oral and topical treatment. I really hope you'll give the Isomers a shot, though. Everyone I've turned on to the Australian Harvest cleanser is flipped-out in love with it (and this is not a sales pitch--they don't use sales reps).

I heard that washing your face with salt water helps and put lime juice on your face?

The problem with drying acne is that it strips the Ph that balances your oil, and your skin will respond by producing more oil--makes the problem worse.

Best to stick with treatments designed for acne, but not every product works for every problem. A cleanser containing salicylic acid is great, but anything that suggests you follow with a 'toner' means that it strips your Ph and needs the toner to bring the skin back to a slightly acidic state. Better to use a cleanser that tells you it protects your Ph as one of its features.

It's not natural, but it is fast: benzoyl peroxide cream. Clearasil makes one, and so does Clean & Clear (Clean & Clear works better, IMO). It's about 5 bucks, it'll last a couple of months, and it really does work significantly within just a couple of days.

You may need a moisturizer as well, because benzoyl peroxide tends to dry up your skin (that's how it gets rid of your acne), but if you use the two together your skin will look really good--clear AND healthy.

Good luck, I've dealt with acne for ten years and this is the only thing that's really helped me, short of prescriptions.

Archived