He cant tell me anything anymore...what does that mean?

My bf and I have been together for over 3 years so we have been through a lot. He is the quiet type and he has some trouble sharing his feelings like most guys do. Lately there have been things dealing with school that he doesnt want to tell me. Is not like I am his parents or anything. He says that I am too abrasive in my opinions. The reasons he gave me werent legit because they had nothing to do with what I had done in the past. I am very strong with my opinions but I am very open to him and comforting because I know that it is diificult for him to share his feelings. He does express himself sometimes but there is a lot of hesitation. I dont know what to think.

Is it me or is it him? Is it something I have done?

I try to make the situation better by giving him ideas on how to make the situation better but he sees that as me ridiculing him. I dont know what to say. Should I just be like "everything will be ok, dont worry about it" and maybe lie to him. No I dont think so.

Im in a tight spot because i dont know what to think about this? Is there something else behind this or am I overreacting?

ThAnKs!!!

Difficult situation to be in......if i were you i would just be there for him and listen to him.....I have been guilty in the past when someone in a relationship has confided in me, and i shot out a load of my own opinions when all they wanted was a symapthetic ear... and this has led to them not opening up as much....Look im not saying you do this but im saying just be carefull if you can when he does open up..just listen and even though its tempting try not to give your view on things..dont tell him any lies just tell him if he needs someone elses opinion you will be there for him..and hopefully soon enougth he will be asking for ideas.

Girl, i totally feel you. My boyfriend just broke up with me because he said he needed his space, and he was having issues that he felt was affecting the relationship. So when i would ask him whats wrong, he didnt want to talk about it. But this is what made me real angry. He was having problems with me and our relationship, but would never talk to me about it.But it was so easy for him to confide in another female (who likes him) because he was feeling "vunerable". So because of that, there was nothing i could do to save the relationship because i didnt know what was going on. So if you see issues, yall should really have a talk.