A interesting break up, share your light on me please.

LGLP

I have a problem, please give me some insights.

I have been with this girl for 2 years, there was a lot of rough tides and good times, we stayed for that long regardless on/off it must have meant something right?

(we're 22 both of us now university students)

First of all I have to admit wrong about our relationship is sort of secretive, as no one really knows we are going out (becuase we had a few break ups and it was getting really annoying dealing with other's point of view, people outside of the relationship can be so critical to wards this relationship)

so the problem, she went back to her home country for the semester break. There where she signed up some camping trip that makes people strong (8 days or something). She met a young guy in which in the past she claims to never ever fall for a younger guys. They met for about 2 weeks and (8 days in camp) and a week before she came back from her home country to continue her last semester of schooling.

She came back I went to see her immediately, but I don't feel her spark for me anymore. We kept going out for a few day nothing special happened. Then one day she called me out to hang out becuase she didn't sleep well last night and didn't want to go home to sleep (trying to fix jet lag) so I went out regardless of I had things to do.

I would like to note during the time she was in her home country I really missed her and really learned to treasure more and more (since it was on/off I had closed my heart a few times, but it took me alot of strength to open it up again for her) so continuing on that day we hung out at the mall becuase she doesn't want to go home as she would fall asleep (therefore cant' fix jet lag) we had an argument becuase I felt she wasn't the same to me anymore. (also i was jealous about the photos and things she did with the other guy during her home country trip)

I got really mad and we left each other with a pretty bad impression, and when I checked her facebook I realized that last night she had put herself in a relationship with that guy. (she is over here and that guy is over in the home country of hers and they can't really see each other physically)

she told me she wants to try this relationship with him, but she doesn't want me to leave. (she tinks it is ok becuase she won't be seeingg him) She told me to be her aquiatance for 4 months while she tries this relationship with this younger guy that she had always claimed she will never like anyone younger.

I told her how i felt, but I still can't believe she can do this. She is my first Love, but i'm not her first you can say i'm her 2nd, but really the third (if you count everything, since her first relationship was breif).

I loved her enough to had the strength to put myself to let her go. It was a pain that I have never felt, but really should I wait 4 months? I honestly think it's very unfair for me.

one more thing I would liek to add she promises to do nothing physical with him during these 4 months (well obviously different country), but she also noted that he is very fun and cheeful to be with and can cheer her up (i told her that all initial relationships are fresh and fun, just like with me and her before) and she said she still likes me becuase of my sincerity. I used to fun and cheerful, but every so often she would break my heart but either hurting herself or with situations like this. I really do love her I just learned that becuase I am willing to wiat on something so foolish. (she's not the flirty type before, behaved girl , not those who dress up a lot, so she won't get hit on too often, she's not the most pretty girl in the world (average to above average, but I would say she's my precious everything))

please shed your wisdom on this lonely confused person.

I loved her enough to had the strength to put myself to let her go. It was a pain that I have never felt, but really should I wait 4 months? I honestly think it's very unfair for me.

It is unfair to you. I think most people will agree, and tell you to walk away. You deserve to be someone's first choice, not a back-up.

I got a call from her, she thought about it and was willing to pick me instead, after about 1 night from that incident. What is the new verdict?

Tread lightly. Even if just for a day, she chose someone else over you. It's possible she "came to her senses" or that this other guy rejected her already and she's falling back to you. She still disrespected you and treated you unfairly. Does she even realize that, and is she sorry?

If it were me, I don't know if I could live with that type of relationship. The commitment is very questionable.

That's a tough call. On one hand, she was ready to drop you for a few months. On the other, she decided it was you.

Perhaps the fun she had with guy was only in 3-D, and he is no longer there. So she re-thought her feelings for you, in 3-D.

My feelings would be hurt, nonetheless.

That is really unfair on you, to be expected to stand by and wait 4 months while she indulges in a relationship with another guy. Don't do it. It would show her you would be willing to be a doormat, and it would give her the message she could get away with anything similar in the future. How would she like it if you asked her to do the same thing, while you pursued your options with another girl? I don't think so. I think you should leave her to it, and seek someone more true to you.

Archived