Is it a BIG TURN OFF to not pay for his gf, on his date?

Generally, the guy should pay for the girl. BUT, if it's a really big problem for you (meaning if you really cannot afford to pay for her), then talk to her. Tell her you'd like to pay her way but money is tight and you'd appreciate it if she could pay her own way sometimes. If she has real feelings for you, she'll understand. If she doesn't, then you don't need her anyway.

Amethyst has it exactly right. Let her know that you'd like nothing more than to treat her like a princess and pay, but that money's tight and you truly can't afford to. If she's not completely materialistic, she'll understand this (since I'm guessing you're a teen with a very limited budget) and won't have a problem with it. Also, take her to places that don't cost money. (Believe me, I'm 30 and STILL practicing that one, since my fiance and I can't afford to throw away money.....lol) Take her for a walk on the beach, if you have one, or a nature conservatory, or a park, the mountains, wherever. If you can find a cheap/free museum to go to, go there. Heck, pick her flowers and give them to her....guaranteed that ANY girl getting flowers (as long as they're not dandelions....lol) will think that much more of you for putting forth the effort instead of just taking her out to dinner somewhere.

If you can afford dinner, great-if not, just get a bit more creative in ways to show you care without opening your wallet!

Mar

like everyone else has said.. just tell her that you would love to pay for her sometimes, but you can't afford to all the time. you don't even have to take her to places where you need to have money. when its warm, go for a walk, have a picnic. watch movies at home, make dinner at home. then only occasionally go out to the movies, or take her to dinner. you don't always need to go places where you need to pay. just have fun. as long as you are having fun & you are together, where you are shouldn't matter.

• 3 weeks later...

With the price of movies being so high it's understandable why a guy with limited resources can't afford to treat. Besides why sit next to each other for 2 hours not saying a word when you could be doing something less expensive & having an opportunity to talk & laugh & find out about each other.