I think I'm overreacting

-Sanguine-

but I simply can't help it, I feel disconnected

I haven't seen my boyfriend in four weeks

he's working five hours away, 12 hours a day

so it's hard to have the kind of contact that I'd normally like.

when he works nights (7pm to 7am), he always calls me at 7am before he goes to bed. I always look forward to the call because I feel like it's the one time of the day I actually get to talk to him because if he calls at another time, he's usually at work so it's not the same.

I don't know why I'm being so sensitive about this

but he didn't call this morning.

last night I said "good night handsome, call me in the morning

like I always say.. but I woke up at the time he usually calls and he didn't.

I feel so childish. Like, what's the big deal? He missed one call.

I guess I just miss him so much and I feel so disconnected already.

Part of me wants to leave him a text saying I'm sad

the other part of me wants to wait until 7 tonight til I get to talk to him again and just tell him I was disappointed.

This is ridiculous. Why am I reacting like this? and do I sound completely crazy?

When a person works that much, it takes a toll on their body. He probably went home with the intention of calling you and just passed out from exhaustion.

This happens with myself and my boyfriend all the time.

Try not to worry. Don't make a big deal out of it when you talk to him later.

When a person works that much, it takes a toll on their body. He probably went home with the intention of calling you and just passed out from exhaustion.

This happens with myself and my boyfriend all the time.

Try not to worry. Don't make a big deal out of it when you talk to him later.

Thanks

that's what I was telling myself

but my emotions and the fact of how bad I miss him got the best of me.

I haven't seen my boyfriend in four weeks

he's working five hours away, 12 hours a day

so it's hard to have the kind of contact that I'd normally like.

when he works nights (7pm to 7am), he always calls me at 7am before he goes to bed. I always look forward to the call because I feel like it's the one time of the day I actually get to talk to him because if he calls at another time, he's usually at work so it's not the same.

Is this a temporary thing?

Sounds like he was probably too exhausted to call. Sometimes after so many hours of working with no sleep, a person can barely see straight, let alone hold a conversation. I've been there...it's not pretty lol.

Yeah, I guess.

Just weird to me cause yesterday when he called, he wasn't tired at all and he stayed up a couple hours. He just hasn't missed a call in the last two weeks so I was confused.

if he was late or got off early he might have called at 4am and decided against it and gone to sleep early, or he might have called at 9am and missed you because you were at school/work/in the shower etc

too many what ifs to consider, and that job sounds exhausting!

if he was late or got off early he might have called at 4am and decided against it and gone to sleep early, or he might have called at 9am and missed you because you were at school/work/in the shower etc

too many what ifs to consider, and that job sounds exhausting!

True.

Just needed my nerves to be calmed, thanks. I know he didn't call, but it's fine. I tried calling him and he never answered. He's a very heavy sleeper, so I'll guess that's why.

Archived