What does love feel like?

G3LesPaul

One time, I was firmly convinced that I was in love... It was my freshman year of college, and she was in my biology class. She was brilliant, friendly, nice, and the cutest girl in the class. In an odd break from the paralyzing shyness I had at that age, I asked her to study for an exam with me, and she said yes. We actually studied together quite often in the next few weeks, too! I didn't tell her this (remember, awfully shy at that time), but I saw our study times as dates, special times when it could be just me and her.

Anyway, it felt wonderful! It was probably the most wonderful feeling I've ever felt. When I thought about her, it was like being the most excited I've ever been and being completely hopped up on caffeine at the same time. And when I was with her, I could barely stop myself from smiling all the time! It made me very brave - I would have done almost anything to make her happy.

Unfortunately, it all came crashing down one day. This gal had neglected to mention her boyfriend, even though we were pretty obviously flirting with each other A LOT. But don't pay attention to the end of this story. Pay attention to the middle if you want my picture of how the beginning of love feels like. (Or maybe it was just infatuation. *shrugs*)

Love is being excited about you spouse. It's remembering their smile or sense of humor or whatever charming aspect over a stupid thing like a stapler. Love is being complacent when you are around them. It's fixing fights and arguments not because you have to, but you WANT to. It's when you want to kiss them and get sad if you didn't kiss them goodnight just one more time. It's the person you want to tell everything to just so you can talk to someone. It's the butterflies at the right and most random moments. Love is when you can even DISLIKE your SO, yet never dream of leaving them or a life without them....

I could go on for days more, but that's how love feels between my fiancee and I.

One time, I was firmly convinced that I was in love...

Anyway, it felt wonderful! It was probably the most wonderful feeling I've ever felt. When I thought about her, it was like being the most excited I've ever been and being completely hopped up on caffeine at the same time. And when I was with her, I could barely stop myself from smiling all the time! It made me very brave - I would have done almost anything to make her happy.

This so darn cute, I think this guy from Indy is the best!

Anyway, I would totally agree with what he has said. Especially the smiling part. When I have been in love I have been stunned to find myself feeling completely at peace, like I had anything and everything I needed. Even if I had nothing! Just being alive and in the universe and knowing I had the heart of the one I loved, it meant everything was ok. I remember being on a plane and traveling alot and when they would ask if I wanted all those snacks etc, I would say "no, I am fine." And I would just sit quietly on the plane rides as I looked out the window. I felt complete peace, even in the airport and - I mean really, who turns down all those snacks? I remember thinking, hmmmm ... something is different here.

I smiled all the time and nothing was a big deal, or bothered me. I felt strong, like I could handle anything with confidence - I felt great strength from knowing I was loved by someone I also loved. It was a special relationship and very sweet and nurturing. I felt safe, and supported.

PS - It was even more sweet when he told me that he was smiling all the time too. I was very happy to know that we both had the same smile. It was just awesome, and very special to me.

Love is when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams...

Good quote by Dr. Suess

Has anyone ever felt that they have seen their love in their dreams or felt that someone loves you and you love them, but you just haven't met them yet?

Cause I feel like that A LOT right now...

Love -

- When you are willing to be there for the person through thick and thin.

- When you accept them for who they are - flaws & all.

- When you know that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

- Even when you argue, you know that there are sacrifices and compromises within every relationship to make it work.

- Knowing that they are the only one that can cheer you up when you're having a bad day.

- Knowing you can trust your partner with your life.

- When you can't imagine being with anyone else.

- Knowing that if they're happy, you're happy.

- Love is what I feel when I'm with my baby.

It's the most wonderful feeling in the world but it is incredibly delicate and requires a lot of care and honesty.

But those pure moments of love you have with someone in your life, no matter what has happened before or what will happen after, are the real deal, they're what make living on this rock worthwhile, and we have to be thankful for that because there's nothing that says any of human life had to be worthwhile.

Put it before everything else in your life and when you find it make the most of every second, I actually started crying while writing this post, I have just lost my love, it really wasn't meant to be, but not a second goes by those moments don't live on inside me and drive me towards finding the next.

If I believed in any god, which I don't, I would forgive him/her/it all the pain and suffering I have experienced in my life just for those moments, they are beyond priceless.

Archived