did I have a miscarriage?

kalona

A few months ago I was in work and got excrutiating pains...I went to the toilet and had started my period. I get bad cramps but this was terrible, I had no energy and the pains were in my back,thighs and knees. I couldn't work for a while but pushed myself to because we were so busy. about 1.5 hours later I was still in dreadful pain and decided to drive home on my lunch break. While walking through the car park I felt pressure and somthing moving from my stomach. I drove home so quickly(only 5 mins away from work) and when i went to bathroom there was a very large mass/tissue there. It was the size of the palm of my hand, was somewhat covered in blood and very much like skin. I was too nervous to tell my mum the size of it and said I thought I had passed a clot....I put it out of my head...my boyfriend at the time was away so I never told him.

Recently I have been thinking about it and said it to my friend who said he saounded like a miscarriage. I have been on the internet looking up the symptoms and I experienced every one of them. If it was a miscariage, am I wrong to only feel now that I have lost something. Im quite emotional at he moment as I recently broke up aith that boyfriend.

Im feeling sad and I dont know if I should or am I just being stupid. If it was a miscarriage and I feel this way,should I tell my ex(were still friends) or deal with it on my own....I'm so confused and sad.

Hi Kalona,

It is possible that you might have experienced a spontaneous abortion. Eventhough the name sounds alarming, it is actually not uncommon very early on in a pregnancy (as in, it might happen along with your next menstrual cycle--many women do not notice they've had one because of this). The percentages are as high as 50-70% of pregnancies ending in spontaneous abortions.

Most often the cause is an abnormal number of chromosomes in the embryo. In a sense, it's just nature rejecting an unhealthy embryo. I understand it must be very unsettling for you, but try to see it from this point of view. Also, keep in mind that there are hormonal fluctuations that you might have experienced along with it. (Perhaps it can be compared to REALLY BAD PMS) You take it easy and allow your body to regulate itself. It might also be a good idea to see your gynecologist to make sure everything's ok.

Take care,

Stefi

Hi, I agree with Stefi. Go to the OB/GYN and get a follow up and tell them all the symtoms. Do one thing, if you have any more discomfort go right away and they can check to see if all tissues are gone and clear, if not they can do a D&C on you, its where they scrap the remaining tissues out so it doesn't cause an infection.

As for feeling sad about not telling the EX, what ever you feel go with it, it is your body. Hope things go better in the future.