Holding Hands

peppercorn

B! I don't think that's programmed in dating.

I sometimes feel like it is. When I'm on a date, the guy almost always grabs my hand when we're walking around, like it's some mandatory formality. It's kind of annoying, actually. It feels awkward to have to walk like that, especially if the guy is significantly taller or walks at a different speed, and it feels restrictive because I have to adjust my pace and have lost the movement of one arm, and sometimes people's hands get sweaty, and I just don't get the appeal of it. Yet they always do it!

I think B. But it doesn't necessarily mean I am really serious though. Usually I will hold hands of women on the first date if I like them (and I do probably if I am taking them out).

My favorite way to get girls to hold my hand is when we start to cross the street, I just stand there while they start crossing, and they always turn around and look at me like I am crazy. I then flash my sexy smile (lol) and tell them I need to hold their hand in order to cross. I'm such a dork. XD

Usually though, it just sort of happens if we hit it off well.

I think B. But it doesn't necessarily mean I am really serious though. Usually I will hold hands of women on the first date if I like them (and I do probably if I am taking them out).

My favorite way to get girls to hold my hand is when we start to cross the street, I just stand there while they start crossing, and they always turn around and look at me like I am crazy. I then flash my sexy smile (lol) and tell them I need to hold their hand in order to cross. I'm such a dork. XD

Usually though, it just sort of happens if we hit it off well.

Hehe!! I love that!!!

I sometimes feel like it is. When I'm on a date, the guy almost always grabs my hand when we're walking around, like it's some mandatory formality. It's kind of annoying, actually. It feels awkward to have to walk like that, especially if the guy is significantly taller or walks at a different speed, and it feels restrictive because I have to adjust my pace and have lost the movement of one arm, and sometimes people's hands get sweaty, and I just don't get the appeal of it. Yet they always do it!

I agree... but I feel like that aspect makes the holding hands thing even more consciously done. Sometimes hands get sweaty or you have to change your walking pace to accommodate the other person... so holding hands to me is a more direct sign of affection... if that makes any sense!

But yeah -- there's some degree of formality about it.

That's strange, I never really thought about it that way. I just like to be touching her. I never really hold hands the whole times though, more like in bursts. I will hold it for a while, then let go for a second, but keep my hand lightly touching hers and grab it again. If either her or my hands start to get sweaty, I either let go for a second or sort of lose my grip a bit so that are fingers are still interlaced, but palms not touching.

Now that I think about it, I guess I kind of "play" with her hands a bit. Hm, I guess that might be kind of weird.

I agree... but I feel like that aspect makes the holding hands thing even more consciously done. Sometimes hands get sweaty or you have to change your walking pace to accommodate the other person... so holding hands to me is a more direct sign of affection... if that makes any sense!

But yeah -- there's some degree of formality about it.

My pace sort of automatically adjusts to who I am walking with, it never seemed awkward, I never even thought about it. Especially if I really like her.

My pace sort of automatically adjusts to who I am walking with, it never seemed awkward, I never even thought about it. Especially if I really like her.

Well -- I agree... I'm just also agreeing with sparkles that adjusting would need to be made at times. It's possible that the need for adjusting is felt more by the girl, as well... since she's shorter and has smaller fingers.

Wouldn't attempt to hold hands at all until you know a woman better than a couple of dates and she has earned that level of affection. Do escalate touching though, towards kissing and making out to judge her level of physical/sexual openness to you, and if she grabs your hand go with it.

Wouldn't attempt to hold hands at all until you know a woman better than a couple of dates and she has earned that level of affection. Do escalate touching though, towards kissing and making out to judge her level of physical/sexual openness to you, and if she grabs your hand go with it.

I would agree... I consider hand holding a bit of a "I'm considering you as a good match" statement of interest. So... a couple of dates is certainly reasonable to go without the hand holding.

Archived