i've been divorced for 5 years now. immediately after the split i flung myself into a new relationship and have been in it since until about 8 months ago.i never married him but i had a chld with him and we shacked up for 5 years. the funny thing is that i don't miss him. i miss my husband. it's 4:30 in the morning and i find myself missing him so much it hurts to breath and i can barely find the will to complain. his name is alan and all i've heard of him is that he married and had a child. i heard about 2 months ago that he divorced but i don't know how true that is. it took me 2 years to sign the divorce papers. i got a call one morning from my lawyer that he'd met someone and wanted to get married and could i please sign the papers. i cried. i cried harder than i ever had. what's strange is that i was in a relationship and i'm the one that filed for divorce. my best friend got him drunk and he never got drunk or drank for that matter and he kissed her. i dropped them both like a bad habit and pretended not be bothered. guys, if you ever do something stupid to lose her and you really want her back- keep trying. if she loves you,it'll work. i miss my husband and i want him back.i can't help but to be angry about it. he's my husband,not hers. i would never do anything to disrupt any marriage especially with a child involved but it still hurts.so that's me and my story.

he's my husband,not hers

Not since you chose to break it off with him.

I don't know the exact circumstances leading to the kiss, but seeing that a friend of yours got him drunk and he rarely drank, and all it was was a kiss, I would have forgave him had I been in your shoes. Again, I don't know the whole story though....

I do understand your pain though. We sometimes find ourselves shackled to people that we really have little or no interest in, yet we stay because its comfortable or convinient. I'm sorry you're going through that pain, it does suck.

Hey lost, I'm sorry you are hurting like you are. You've come to the right place. This is a great site to vent and ask for advice. I usually go for the no contact rule, but it's been five years for you, maybe you should give him a call, if you can find his number. If not, ask around, look on the internet. You can find it. I think enough time has gone by that good memories are what remains, hopefully. If he's divorced and alone you could talk to him. Find out how he's doing. I wouldn't say anything about your relationship, just feel him out. Then take it from there. After so much time has passed it would be more of a friend thing, than a love thing, or hopefully that's the way it will come accross. You don't want to scare him away by being too needy when you talk to him. Don't scare him away. I hope you get what you want. Good luck.

L