This is how my story begins. This maybe long and Id appreiciate anyone who would take time to read it thanks. Well about a month ago my best friend told me this guy named Dominic wanted to go out with me. I really didnt believe her because she lies alot. So she told me to watch. She goes to up Dominic and I heard him say yea he liked me. I was shocked. I mean I get alot of good looking boyfriends and all, but this kid wasnt even close to my type. I didnt want to hurt him. So a few days pass, and my best friend kept my informed about what he was saying. I found out he liked me way to much. So later on he Msgs me on aol. We started to get to talking. He was such a sweetheart. Nice funny and great personallity. He ended up asking me out. I told him to give me time. So a few days later he asked if I was ready.... This is where it all begins

I told him yes Id go out with him. I liked him alot, but was afraid of getting hurt. So the next day I told him lets stay friends. He is a very understanding sweetheart and said sure. So thats all I thought we would stay. We just kept talking and everyday I found something different about his life, it was amazing just the way we interact, I loved it. Soon I got to thinking and regretted breaking up with him. I decided to keep it to myself. We flirted and so on. heres an example of our conversation:

Him: What should I draw?

Me: Ummmm mickey mouse...hehe

him: ok lol

me: show me wut it looks like

Him: U can have it hunny

Me: haha ok good

Him: Wut am I gonna get 4 it a kiss hehe

Me: Maybe

Him: I hope so

Him: Do u love me

Me: I donno

Him: I love u alot

And so on......Well I ended up asking him back out last Friday. He said he didnt know what his feelings were anymore. I was so upset I thought to myself great u did it this time Kayla u lost him! Well I wrote him a letter and he read it, it told him all my feelings. He told me he never thought I felt that way. He then asked me out. I was so happy. He was WAS a great Boyfriend. Now everything is falling apart.

So anyways Monday he wasnt in school. He was sick. So he didnt go and I was all upset. Tuesday he was there and he just like ignored me. He looked at me alot and smiled but didnt even say hi, when it pisses me off he talks to everyone except me, its like hello im your girlfriend here. He liked alot of girls in our school, and it makes me think he can still talk to them and not talk 2 me. It hurts too. So well he looked at me and I rolled my eyes at him, I dont know if he saw me and I hope he did. Well today he wasnt in school. I was so pissed its like come on are ready. I need to talk to him, and im not calling him and he is neva on his computer anymore. And everytime I come on he gets off. Also this makes me feel very insecure. There is a girl named Erin in our school, he use to like her, and guess wut thats all they do is flirt and right infront of me too. I mean at least try to hide it come on. He still likes me....well thats wut he is saying anyways to people.

Also He is so different in person, he has a very bad BAD attitude with people. I thought wat a jerk face. Yesterday his friend told me....that dominic was in angermanagement classes. WUT?! He didnt even tell me!!! I mean he is hiding everything. Maybe he thought I knew or thought it wasnt important but it really is. He is a very depressed person I found out to. He use to be sucidal. 2 days without talking to me. Is he avoiding me? What should I do. I dont wanna dump him, so dont say break it off. Is there someway to tell him how I feel? How should I word it? Im so confused. I donno wut my heart is saying anymore. I like him alot...Im just afraid of gettin hurt by him....

thanks alot

What you are experiencing here is the "thrill of the chase" syndrome. Lots of guys, particularly young guys go through this. essentially what turns them on is chasing a girl, trying to get someone to fall in love with them. What turns them on - girls playing hard to get. What turns them off - girls telling them how much they love them and want to be with them. My dog does this, throw her a ball abd she will chase it, if she sees a ball just lying there on the ground she'll ignore it. If you want to play the game I suggest you ignore this guy COMPLETELY! He'll get interested again and you'll go through the whole thing again and it may be fun for a while but it probably won't last forever. These relationships (and there are lots of them) are usually very volatile. If you want to play the game don't whatever you do write him a letter telling him how you feel, that is exactly what he does not want to hear. And don't give in to him too easily if you decide to play his game, it can be tough to play if you do not also enjoy this type of relationship, the other thing that usually characterises these types of people is that they usually like the thrill of more than one chase. He is not a bad guy, it is just the way he is, and if you understand that and don't take the relationship too seriousy you will not get hurt.