terrified of new things

Konfetkette

Hey everyone, I have a problem that's been bugging me for awhile now but it's worst at this time.

I met this great guy. He's the nicest person you will ever meet. He does everything right. Me being a weird person, I always start as being friends and that's how I did with him. Now that he asked me if I want to keep being friends or something else, I got FREAKED OUT. I can't even talk to him. I don't know what's wrong with me. There is no spark and I don't know why.

Someone said that maybe I am afraid of getting hurt, and if that's the case then it is deep in my subconscious because I do not think I am. To me, I'd rather get hurt then be single any longer. But my brain is still not letting me even talk to this guy. I've been told that if I just start dating him, I will start liking him but is that true? I've never dated anyone before liking them. Liking comes first to me. I'm confused. help?

Did you like him before he asked you out, while the two of you were just friends? If not, then forget it, it's not going to happen. If you did, then bite the bullet, recognise that it's just panic, and force yourself to go through with it anyway.

I've always thought that if you really like a person and want to be with them, you will be with them. What's keeping you from pulling the trigger, I can't tell from this end. But usually there's something inside of your heart or your mind that tells you that something is just not quite right. And the reason you might be confused is because you don't yet know what it is so you can't describe it exactly. You know he's great, but at the sametime something about him you're still not sure of.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

karvala, I didn't like him like him no. This opportunity just comes so rare for me that I don't want to miss it. BUt then my brain/heart is keeping me from it.

StrangeMagic9, I don't know what it can be. I've liked guys who were nice but then turned out to be assholes, and I can't like this great guy. I feel so guilty :S.

Do yourself a favor. Tell him thanks but no thanks and move on. You aren't interested right now, and you never were. No need to try and put yourself through endless self-analysis sessions about why your id won't mesh with your ego to produce genuine attraction for a guy who treats you well. Just move on and keep having fun with life.

How old are you by the way?

Do yourself a favor. Tell him thanks but no thanks and move on. You aren't interested right now, and you never were. No need to try and put yourself through endless self-analysis sessions about why your id won't mesh with your ego to produce genuine attraction for a guy who treats you well. Just move on and keep having fun with life.

How old are you by the way?

I'm 22

Thanks for making me feel like and * * * * more than I already do.

I'm 22

Thanks for making me feel like and * * * * more than I already do.

That's too bad that you took it that way. I can understand wanting to make it work with someone who looks good on paper. It's a pain. It makes you try to twist yourself like a pretzel psychologically as opposed to being happy. I hope that you can avoid that stress.

Archived