He recently broke up a 10-year relationship for another woman, who I believe he is living with although I am too heartbroken to keep tabs on them.

Anyhow, I have been doing the minimal contact. Unfortunately I have 10 years of my life to move out of his house, so I have run into him a couple of times. He says he wants time and that we will work it out but I'm trying to get on with my life, I looked up an old male friend of mine to help me move. He saw us together and got very angry and hurt. Does this mean anything? Does it look like I turned to this other guy to specifically make him jealous? I'm still trying to make sure that I am not appearing manipulative. I have no intention of starting a "relationship" with the other guy and he (the other guy) knows this. He knows exactly what is going on. Does my guy still care for me?

Lots of these posts say to give him his "space" and he will start to remember the good things about this relationship. Can you tell me mor about that?

• 1 month later...

The more space and time that you give him without seeing or talking to him, the more he will think about how different it is without you around. It gives him time to think of all of the good things about your relationship and how good he felt before you split up. It also lets him think about what he wants in the future (i.e. get back together or stay apart).

He probably does still have strong feelings for you because they will take a long time to go away, he also probably thinks that you are going out with this other guy.

abcd1234

I wouldn't worry about what he thinks about this new guy. But it's good that you're not trying to rub his nose in it to make him feel bad. He has another woman and he has no right whatsoever to be angry with you. I can't imagine why you would want a guy back that left you for someone else. But I guess to me there's only so much pain I think any man is worth.

I really think no contact is the way to go in your situation.

Belle