Looking at dating profiles...curiosity or...?

tattoobunnie

I would like to get other people's opinions on this subject...let's say you're in a committed relationship. Each of you met on-line, and you're profiles have been hidden for quite some time. Do you or have you ever gone back to the website to look at other profiles? And why? Curiosity...or checking out if the grass is greener on the other side...?

Why would you if you're in a commited relationship? The way I see it, there shouldn't be any need. If I was happy in a relationship - no, I wouldn't do it. If I was in a relationship and I found out they were doing it - I would be hurt and find out what their motivation is.

What is troubling me is that my boyfriend, while his profile is hidden, has been looking at other women's profiles close to my ethnicity, age, and location. It's weird. Though when I ask his opinion on what he thought if I behaved that way...he quickly changes the subject. I haven't done the direct accusation approach, yet...more the I wouldn't appreciate my partner doing that approach; considering I don't know what the deal is.

He prides himself on being a faithful partner, so I would like to give him the benefit of a doubt that it's a boredom thing. Though considering it's not like checking out a person on the street, and you're reading intimate details of a person, should I be on the weary side with his behavior?

I've had some bad experiences in the past where a now ex use to keep his on-line profiles up....and was communicating with other women. I really wanted to get some feedback from others that perhaps there's a chance his behavior is harmless or not. I could bring it up...and in the same token, I really want to trust him, and hope it's not necessarily shenanigans. At this point, I don't wanna hash up my baggage from the past onto him over something that could be so innocent.

Cuz once you have this talk...it really brings up the issue of trust...and it also only focuses on the negative. Could there be any positives to this?

(my first post!)

my bf and I met via a online dating site as well. For the first few months of dating, his profile was still up and he was still receiving matches. He paid for a 3 month membership or something and there was no cancellation. I didn't think it was a big deal - it was only 3 months anyhow....

It depends how committed and how long it has been for you two.

Archived