too late to apologize??

Via text I said some pretty hurtful things when I was really down during the friendship phase after the end of my relationship. At the time my friend/ex was trying to be there for me, but I was judging her actions. I tried to call her but her phone was broken and I had no other way to get a hold of her so I wasn't able to apologize then personally though I wanted to. All I was able to do was text an ambiguous I'm sorry. Which could have been seen more as I'm sorry your sick vs. I'm sorry I was being a jerk. Now it's been months, and I haven't called her and have not heard from her. Is it ever too late to apologize?

Is it ever too late to apologize?

No, it's never too late. But in circumstances like yours it would be thoughtful and respectful for you to keep it short and sweet, don't offer an involved explanation or justifications. And don't couch it in a way that expects a reply.

No, it's never too late. But in circumstances like yours it would be thoughtful and respectful for you to keep it short and sweet, don't offer an involved explanation or justifications. And don't couch it in a way that expects a reply.

I second this advice

Archived