How long til meeting??

skydiver00

I know Ive seen this discussed before but ill be damn if I can find anything now...Search feature leaves a bit to be desired attm...But

I realize this is certainly different for each and every person involved but Id still like opinions..

I IM'ed someone yesterday who just sign onto match...We just kinda chit-chatted/small talked for about 30-35mins..Wasnt constant/steady back and forth, but was ok.

Anyways Im really interested (her profile was pretty in-depth)and not wanting to repeat a past mistake would rather learn more about her by meeting and talking to her in person sooner rather than later...Plus I think I'd come accross better...But I dont want to over rush it..

She's about 30 mins away and I was thinking of suggesting dinner or maybe just drinks at a bar and grill place thats fairly popular in her area. Its casual but nice and not loud, at least whenever ive been there.

Im not available tonight, but was thinking of getting in touch w/her tomorrow, bit more small talk, put the idea out there and give her w/my number to call/txt to chat on the in between and we could finalize... I had friday evening in mind.... Would this all seem like a reasonable plan?

I've met 3 people off the internet. Each one I waited a minimum of a few days of talking before discussing plans to meet. And I wouldn't just agree to meet them, I'd exchange numbers first and communicate outside of the internet realm to get a better feel for them.

If you do decide to go for it, though, it's a good plan to meet in a public place. That always made me more comfortable--especially if we didn't talk long before meeting.

Just go for it man. Get her number and call her to ask her out. If you get some resistance just take a step back.

You-I get the feeling you're a fun person to hang out with "in real life" am I right? You're not some crazy stalker lady are you?!

Her-something to assure you she is fun and not crazy.

You-Awesome!! Toss me your number and I will call you. I promise I will only call 57 times a day! lol!!

Her- ok it's 123457890

You can't go wrong man.. lol good luck

go for it...whats worst that can happen? If your not interested in each other, you havent devoted much time into then and just part ways. Honestly I hate that a guy wants to spens 6 months chatting online...usually means they are hiding something. I've met people in person the same day I met them online.

Thanks for the replies.... It sucks we havent gotten a chance to really talk since then.... Seems were always "away" Ive responded to a couple of her messages w/some funny but safe comments, to if nothing else keep me in her..She;s responded back to a couple when ive been away so that's better than nothing I guess..

Looking at other interests, but still have a good feeling w/this one...I dont know, will see...

Just go for it man. Get her number and call her to ask her out. If you get some resistance just take a step back.

You-I get the feeling you're a fun person to hang out with "in real life" am I right? You're not some crazy stalker lady are you?!

Her-something to assure you she is fun and not crazy.

You-Awesome!! Toss me your number and I will call you. I promise I will only call 57 times a day! lol!!

Her- ok it's 123457890

You can't go wrong man.. lol good luck

I like this option! That would make laugh...!!

When I was new to online dating I'd freak out if a guy asked me out after a couple of days... Now 1-2 good chats or a few emails back and forth and I'm ready to meet. I skip the phone step... unless it's to text briefly... but that's just me!

Go for it.. but be casual and fun about it.. and if she is a bit unsure.. just keep the convo going for a bit longer and try again!

Good luck!

Ammy

Archived