Anxiety and Physical Pain

Hey everyone, it has been quite some time now since I have come to this forum, but for some reason, whenever I need help in any area, I can always count on this forum.

I am a 20 year old female who is in college but living at home for the summer. Over the past year I have developed pain in my right and left sides, higher up around my ribs. The pain lasts for 2-3 seconds at a time, but feels like its a stabbing sharp pain. My breath becomes shortened because when I breath in deep while having these pains, the pain only feels worse. Sometimes during this time, I might also experience burning in my chest. This episode could last anywhere from a few seconds, to a couple minutes.

I guess I am wondering if this is anxiety related. While still living at home and dealing with money problems, I really need to avoid the doctor at any cost necessary. Does anyone else seem to experience this?

Today, you can go into any hospital and they will ask you if you have health insurance. If you say "no", then they are likely to give you assistance. You really shouldn't put your health on hold darlin'. When you are are experiencing any kind of pain, it is your body telling you that "hey..hey...hey...something is wrong here!"....Put yourself first...If your body isn't in a homeostasis state, other things are more than likely to go wrong. Why do you think elderly folk get sick easily? For one, their immune system is getting weaker due to age. And for another, when one system gives out, another is more than likely to follow...All the systems in the body (endocrine, renal, digestive, etc) are inter-related and need to be working properly to be in good health. You are only 20 years old, you are too young to be experiencing this...I would hate for you to put this off for another few months and finally go in, but have lifetime problems because you waited to long to get a checkup...That's usually what happens....

Good luck*

Archived