Summer Fun?

dolcedolore

So I'm home from college for the summer and I'm working like crazy. Anyway, there's this guy at one of my jobs and I find him extremely attractive. First off, let me say that I am not looking for a relationship--not with him, and really not with anyone else. Not only is it bad timing, but I've got some issues with getting close to people.

I'm pretty sure that we're both flirting with each other. It started the other night when I planted something in his head on purpose. We're both waiters, and he was the one who had to check and see if I'd done all my side-work for the night. I could have phrased it in another way, but of course I chose to ask "so, you're checking my out tonight, right?" He paused and just stared at me for awhile before answering. Then awhile later when I actually wanted him to check, I walked up to him rested on this ledge in front of him (so that he could really see me... this sounds weird typing this) and asked if he could check me out. He looked at me and said "looking good." Since then he's "scared" me by walking up, grabbing me and saying boo. He's undone my apron so that it falls on the ground, I kick him, he once acted as though he "tripped" and pretty much just pushed me. We always bump into each on purpose and sort of just push one another. He always pats me on the back when I go to leave, and always seems to know when I'm working ("I pretty much work everyday that you do next week" "see ya tomorrow"... it wasn't obvious that I was working because I'd had 4 days off).

I haven't had a great chance to see whether he just flirts like this with lots of girls or not. I have a hard time deciding if it's flirting just for fun or if it's the type of flirting that you want to take away from the work place. He doesn't flirt this much with anyone else at work, I'm sure of that, but that still doesn't say much. He's also the type of guy who knows he's attractive and desirable. I just don't know what to do. All I know is that he's got me going a bit crazy. If nothing more, I would like to make him just as crazy as I am right now.

Any suggestions?

Mmm, yeah he's definitely flirting with you and is basically responding to your 'seed' that you planted in his head

Keep it light, respond to his flirtations, but don't get too into it too soon and I think you'll definitely have him feeling just as crazy about you as you are for him.

Thanks for all the responses, they were all helpful.

It doesn't matter to me if he flirts with other girls, I'm just trying to understand... I guess... the intensity? of the flirting we've got going on. I don't know if he acts like that to most girls or not. He is extremely good looking, but in terms of relationships, he's not a catch for me at all. He smokes, he's not that intelligent, he's a bit younger than me (not 15 though), etc. I don't know what I'm looking for. I think that's why it's driving me crazy! I'm not someone who just "hooks up," and I never have done that before. But... I'm locked in this tiny town, it's been awhile since I've been in a relationship, and... here's this really attractive guy right in front of me. I just don't know what to do.

Thanks for all the responses, they were all helpful.

It doesn't matter to me if he flirts with other girls, I'm just trying to understand... I guess... the intensity? of the flirting we've got going on. I don't know if he acts like that to most girls or not. He is extremely good looking, but in terms of relationships, he's not a catch for me at all. He smokes, he's not that intelligent, he's a bit younger than me (not 15 though), etc. I don't know what I'm looking for. I think that's why it's driving me crazy! I'm not someone who just "hooks up," and I never have done that before. But... I'm locked in this tiny town, it's been awhile since I've been in a relationship, and... here's this really attractive guy right in front of me. I just don't know what to do.

Then just look at him as a good distraction from work. You know? It's like having a young, hot professor as opposed to an old, nasty professor. It's just all the more reason to get up and go to class

Archived