Look it's ok to be shy everyone is one time or another. but dont think that your weird and that your family sees it that way. you're just not up for dating right now, and that ok. you have to be ready to go about dating and how you want to take it. dont think that you have to do it, you dont. just find the right time and the right person for it. you'll know when you're in love by the feelings you get. let me know what you think.

It's probably not the fact that you don't have a boyfriend that they think is weird. They probably just don't want to tell you flat-out that they think you're too shy. You're absolutely right in thinking that getting a boyfriend is something you do just for yourself, not for other people.

Being shy is not innately bad. Everyone's a little shy, especially when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex. That's what makes it fun! Don't change who you fundamentally are inside, but if you are dissatisfied with being so shy, find ways to lessen it. My number one suggestions are to:

A. Talk to everyone you already know a bit more. Just say hi, smile, and nod their way. That's it. You'll be surprised how quickly their perception of you changes (maybe it's not their perception of you that changes, but YOUR perception of what THEIR perception is!)

B. Get as much experience as possible with the opposite sex. This does not mean you have to become a diva overnight. Start by saying hello to just one male stranger each day, then work your way up from there.

C. Start a project! Find a passion somewhere and develop it. Mine is martial arts. The minute I realized that, yes, there is something out there that I really enjoy doing, it boosted my confidence by a factor of ten.

Good luck!

I think that they are manipulating you and making you think that you aren't ok. Stand up for your right to be YOU! You are being the best YOU that you can be. They can't feel the way that you are because they have different personalities. Don't let them bother you anymore! Tell them to lay off and let you be you! Attitudes are caught not taught!!!