Do his actions say commitment?

sasha1982

Just curious if after a month of dating and just start having sex/physical and a guy says he will get you a key for his house, does that seem to point in the direction that he sees you as a girlfriend?

I'm 27, dating a guy 33.. we've dated about a month, hang out 2-3 times a week and I have slept over 2-3 times. We just started having sex this past week and he says he will get me a key to his house but we have NOT had any talk about being exclusive, or being an item.. haven't even talked if that is what we are looking for down the road. We just enjoy our time together and he says he really really likes me alot.

Should I just keep doing what I'm doing and don't ask?

Umm..do you like the pace this relationship is going? Seems kinda fast if he's giving you a key to his house in less then a month. But to answer your question, yes he has to see you as GF material at least to do that. I would never give a guy or anyone a key to my place in a month, but that's just me.

I would ask him though, dont ever make assumptions.

We just passed the month mark and I do sort of agree that is a bit fast to be giving me a house key.. But I think what started it was two times I have slept over he has had to work early, so instead of kicking me out he just lets me sleep in his bed while he goes to work so that I can let myself out.. He gave me his garage door opener so I can leave through there and just asked last night if I want a key instead, cause it's a bit more formal and maybe easier?

He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, or made any references and he is not coming on too strong in my opinion.

I think he just really likes me and maybe wants me to know that he's serious about me?

I am afraid to ask him because of two reasons 1) If he says "we'll see how it goes" I'm going to feel a bit insulted because we already slept together and 2) I am not 100% ready I am ready to jump into something 100% committed. I don't want to sleep with anyone else, but I am not sure if I'm ready to be fully an item.. I want to get to know more about him first.. like see how he acts on his bad days, when he's grumpy , etc.

Umm..do you like the pace this relationship is going? Seems kinda fast if he's giving you a key to his house in less then a month. But to answer your question, yes he has to see you as GF material at least to do that. I would never give a guy or anyone a key to my place in a month, but that's just me.

I would ask him though, dont ever make assumptions.

I share the same sentiments too. The only time when my other half gets a key to my apartment is when we are officially married or else living together... and that can take years for it to happen.

So I guess coming from a guy to do that is a good sign?

I am just kind of old fashioned and I like to wait for the guy to ask me... I am a very laid back chick and I am very big on freedom and not pressuring someone... If a girl askes these type of questions, guys can feel pressure and be afraid to tell their true answer, which may be a "no"... So I want him to bring it up.. But I want to kind of know where I stand, like if I am allowed to date other guys if I want to? Not saying I do, but if the opportunity presents itself I might.

I guess I should also add that a week ago he went on vacation for 4 days to Bahamas and texted me everyday and called me drunk once (lol) and basically poured his feelings out on a message, so when he got back maybe he realized how much he really liked me when he was away because he thought about me alot?

They say men realize how much they like a woman in her absence... So that might explain why feels like giving me a key, he is just overwhelmed by how much he likes me maybe? I dunno... I just don't know what to do... and I don't want to ask

I guess I should also add that a week ago he went on vacation for 4 days to Bahamas and texted me everyday and called me drunk once (lol) and basically poured his feelings out on a message, so when he got back maybe he realized how much he really liked me when he was away because he thought about me alot?

They say men realize how much they like a woman in her absence... So that might explain why feels like giving me a key, he is just overwhelmed by how much he likes me maybe? I dunno... I just don't know what to do... and I don't want to ask

Is this ever true.. my guy friend of 2 years who I work with went away to another country for a week..plus I was working somewhere else and had not seen him in 2 months.. and in the midst of being away he sent me a text saying that he is secretly in love with me! Haha now we are together. It's so true!

And the key is a good sign, a really good sign that he is big time into you. My new guy gave me a key to let myself out of his place for the same reason yours did, because he had to work earlier than I did. And we have only been together for a month. It means they care, I doubt they would give a house key to just anyone right?

And the key is a good sign, a really good sign that he is big time into you. My new guy gave me a key to let myself out of his place for the same reason yours did, because he had to work earlier than I did. And we have only been together for a month. It means they care, I doubt they would give a house key to just anyone right?

Well, if I were to think like a shady guy/player and I was macking different chicks I sure as hell would NOT be giving my key to anyone because what if I had a girl over and the other one stopped by to let herself in, busted !! So I do know that is a good sign as far as the guy not being a dirtbag, or at least liking us enough to do that..

I also think it shows trust because I could snoop around his house and find signs of another woman (lol- I would never do that though).

SO I do think it's a really good sign..

Not sure it means he wants to be exclusive.. but it's a good sign still I would think.

Is this ever true.. my guy friend of 2 years who I work with went away to another country for a week..plus I was working somewhere else and had not seen him in 2 months.. and in the midst of being away he sent me a text saying that he is secretly in love with me! Haha now we are together. It's so true!

I think that says something............. My other girl friend was seeing one of my guy's friends also, not as frequently as we have but talking consistently and after the trip her guy never talked to her again, yet mine pours his heart out and made plans while he was down there to see me the day he got back.

I think that's another good sign, if a guy makes plans (in advance) he wants to secure a date with you.

Archived