i wish to get to know her more

saku

i'm gonna try to make this as short as possible but there's this girl who is the leader of this bible study thing at my college. she is really nice and all and over the past few semesters i've developed a crush on her. for valentine's, i gave her a card and poem and left it by her office signed under secret admirer. i don't have deep feelings for her, but i'd like to try to tell her how i sorta feel. next week the bible study group is going to charleston SC for spring break. i'm a little nervous about going becuase i have a hard time fitting in but i guess the bible study poeple have been nice to me and all, i mean, they give me a chance which is more than most poeple have. is there any way of telling her how i feel without being too blunt and forword? there's more i want to ask about this but i have to go now. sorry if this sounds dumb. bye for now.

If you dont want to be too forward about it then just ask her if she wants to hang out with you sometime, e.g. go to the cinema or grab a bite to eat, something like that anyway.

Its not as if you will be shouting out that you have feelings for, ill just let her know that you may be interested in her OR interested in being friends with her.

abcd1234

Hi Saku!

How are you doing? I remember your last post to enotalone. I'm glad that appear to be feeling better, and made your way back here! So welcome back!

Well, since this girl does sound like a mature lady, since she is a leader of the bible studies group, I think that she'll appreciate the compliment in a mature fashion as well. You got it down buddy! I don't think that she'll like to be approached in a blunt manner like you described earlier. So, you're on the right track so far!!! Yay! =D>

Since she does have sophistication, then, approach her in a friendly manner, and say "...I really admire you for what you're doing, and just wanted to know if we can hang out more often. I really enjoy hearing what you have to say, and would like for us to extend our friendly converstations over coffee..." OR something similar to that.

You can also ask her if she wants to catch a movie, and just 'hang' out for the night. And when you guys do meet up, you can bring her a rose, or something small, like a box of "Sees" candies, just as a token of affection. She'll really, definitely get the clue. It's a subtle expression, but gets to the point.

Unless if she's completely oblvious to the 'dating scene,' which I don't think she is, she might need a little more clues such as you treating her like a lady in general...For instance, Open the door for her, and when you do, just smile, flirt, and say..."Lady's first..."

If she sees that you're being a 'gentlemen,' then she'll realize that you're treating her more than just a friend, but a lady who you admire, and someone of interest, then she'll definitely get it, and appreciate you!

Whatever it is...Just let her know that you want to get to know her better by just "hanging" out with her. You physically being there, and engaging in small talk with her, will further develop her interpretation of your liking her through: body-language, gestures (smiling, laughing, but no yawning k 8) ) and everything else that comes into play when you're in physical contact. By showing her your efforts, she'll know that your sincerely interested in her.

I must caution you: Do not overdo it too much...like being too overt about your emotions...IE-'Looking Desperate,' meaning, don't agree with everything she says all the time. Don't say anything like, "Oh Totally, Totally, I totally know how you feel...Totally, Totally...Seriouslly, Oh my gosh Totally..." She might want to pull out her hair, and just call it a night. So relax, be calm, be funny, but don't be completely on your knees for her when you guys are hanging out. You want to practice with your charm by bringing out your 'own' personality. Approach it like a 'take it or leave it' kind of attitude. Girls can spot 'phonies' from a mile a way. So just be yourself during your conversations. Not only will she notice you taking interest in her, but she might even take interest in you as well.

Good Luck Saku!

Mahlina

P.S.- Don't be too nervous, just be calm and collective when you first approach her about 'hanging out.' My advice might sound 'old school,' but there's nothing wrong with being cheesy right?!