Am i on the road to recovery??

Well tonight i was going through my cell phone and deleted all my messages that i received from my ex.

Now while doing this i cried, going through all the nice, loving texts that he had sent during the 5 months we were together.

Am i finally on the road to recovery?

yes, you are definitely taking steps to help yourself move forward without him. good for you. these steps are significant and painful but they are moving you in the direction you need to go. good for you.

Thanks beejcee, oh it was so hard, there were even ones that i wanted to save but deep down i knew not to.

How do you guys find the guts and strength to erase all the texts and emails?

I find I like to keep everything, even if it is stored away. I always worry if I will regret erasing, down the road, so I dont

I think in some cases it can depend on the situation and circumstances of the break up, and maybe even the amount of time people were together... if the break up was mutual (or possibly even in the case of your being the dumper), then keepsakes, messages, photos, etc, might be kept quite easily and looked at w/ nostalgia and fondness for the other person.

In other cases, such as mine - 'stressors' of being in a LDR relationship and being dumped for another - I had to get rid of virtually everything, including a multitude of emails we sent to each other; some of which were incredibly expressive and communicative regarding our love for each other. It's tough, but sometimes has to occur so one can move on.

How do you guys find the guts and strength to erase all the texts and emails?

I find I like to keep everything, even if it is stored away. I always worry if I will regret erasing, down the road, so I dont

Hi, i did think about putting all the texts on to a cd,but for my own sanity i had to do it, it was very very hard to delete them, im sure he is not holding onto any of my messages, but for me i would read over them, maybe im making space for genuine people who like me for being me, definitely have more memory on my phone now. Not feeling too good today, but hopefully will pass soon.

Archived