The Road Out of Hell

Mek

Hi All,

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I am trying to find the "Road Out of Hell".

My divorce is going on year 2 and our costs have hit $40K for both my wife and I each, that's $80K total. all of the money from the house we bought and now sold together, has gone to pay the legal fee's.

The Lawyers are kibitzing with each other to take as much money as they can from us. My lawyer seems like he is working to put me in the worse most defensive position, so that I keep fighting so that the scraps can go to him. What can I do? Getting another lawyer seems like more of the same... Anyone got a Northern California divorce attorney that they highly recommend and felt was respectful of thier client?

My StbXW is making it harder by fighting as aggressively as she can to take as much money as she can. She is hot after the unemployment checks I make, which I need now to pay my own attorney fees. I cant spend much on anything and borrow money to pay my own bills now.

This is getting out of hand with no end in sight.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

-Mek

I don't know if you can do this....but my ex and I did everything ourselves and just had a lawyer file it. It only cost us around $750 in 2004.

My stbx is a witch... and you I consider very lucky... I can only envy you...

-Mek

My stbx is a witch... and you I consider very lucky... I can only envy you...

-Mek

Thanks.

She was the lucky one since it was her idea to get the divorce. I didn't want to....but I said that if that's what she wanted, let's do the quickest and cheapest way possible.

Archived