OK, enough of the bad stories of love lost...

All I ever hear is about how no one gets back with their ex after a bad break up after a long time of being with someone. Are there any success stories out there about people breaking up, going through a bad break up, and then getting back together and living happily ever after? I mean, I understand the fact that we need to move on in order to get better for ourselves...but is there hope for us romantics that believe love will conquer all? This would really be helpful...don't ask me why...it just would...

Well, my boyfriend split up with me and i put the no contact rule into use and after 9 days of no contact HE CONTACTED ME , Th e power i felt when it was him that contacted me was great, i had been texting him alot prior to us splitting , he needed time to sort him self out as his last g/friend had cheated on him making him anxious and scared that it would happen again,

Yesterday was the first time we met since the split, we have got a long road to go down before it is sorted and we are on the right track and i know where i went wrong and we are taking things very slowly, i dont know if we will work out, only time will tell, but i think you could say that this is a happy story, its not going to be plain sailing and im sure we will have many low points but im hoping that one day he willbe able to put his trust in me and i pray that it works out, id like to thank everyone here for supporting me through this horrible week!

So, my ex and I haven't been talking at all for the past 2 weeks today. I've been good about not talking to her in class, or calling her, and plus, she had my online screen name blocked, so I never had to worry about seeing her online. Last night she signed on under another screen name while I was checking some email on my other screen name. Not seeing me on, she signed online. I signed on right after she signed off, and suddenly, she unblocks me. She IMs me to tell me that we have a test in the class I missed last week and "that's all, bye". But the thing is, she left me ublocked. I didn't respond at all to her...not even a thank you...I finally felt a little power and confidence in myself again.

Rainy, thanks for the sort of uplifting story. The fact remains, I'm stubborn, and I refuse to believe that everything is going to be over between us. I mean, us together just is...it's a thing that is just an amazing phenomenom that no one really understands. Hopefully she get over this anger and my no contact rule will keep into effect. Does everyone agree with that? I mean, no contact for a month or so, keeping in shape, getting out, having fun, and only speaking to reply to a "hi" or a "what's up?" in class? I mean, I understand that everyone's relationships are different, but I'm curious about your opinions...do you think I'm doing the right thing here?

By the way Rainy, best of luck with you two, may God bless your relationship and give you the strength in him and each other to work through all of the bad times that lie ahead.

Are you kidding dasbin,

Of course they do people write what happens next when they get back together. They do it all the time!

We all do!

I still have hope for my ex even though he is dating someone but I have to be strong for me even if he decides never to get back with me again. Which he already has! Things can still happen though. But I must focus on me. Of course

I cannot appear to clingy and needy to him anymore. I did that for too long!!

4 1/2 months tops. Now it has to end. Let's see what happens.......

Respect for #1 ME!