Newly single and ready to mingle!

bakerrac

It's been 3 years since I've been on the market and I'm feeling a little like I don't know what I'm doing! I mean, I've got no problem (after a drink or two...) walking up to a cute guy and flirting or telling him he's attractive or whatnot, but there is one certain guy who I find extremely attractive and I just don't know how to strike up a conversation with him! I don't know what it is! I feel like I'm back in high school or something...haha. My mind goes blank, and all I can think of is "You're so hot..." but I don't think that's the best convo starter to use on this guy. I'm pretty sure he'd just smile and nicely say "Thanks." I've never really had this happen before, Im usually quite confident with myself and don't have trouble getting attention from guys, but he's just so good looking and I guess maybe I'm a little afraid he's out of my "league?" Also, I generally see him when his team goes out for drinks after rugby, but he's usually bartending. So he's sober and, I mean come on, it's just easier to hit on a guy that's been drinking a little...haha

Advice? Good convo starters? Flirting tips?

are you looking to date or for a relationship? Two different approaches. If you just want to date then hand him your number or strike up a conversation that ends with "let's hang out". If you want a relationship, the listen to what he says, try to find out a bit about him, ask him if he attends any organizations, church, etc.

It's not difficult for me to know when a woman is looking or interested...at least I dont think it is. There are the usual signs.

are you looking to date or for a relationship? Two different approaches. If you just want to date then hand him your number or strike up a conversation that ends with "let's hang out". If you want a relationship, the listen to what he says, try to find out a bit about him, ask him if he attends any organizations, church, etc.

It's not difficult for me to know when a woman is looking or interested...at least I dont think it is. There are the usual signs.

Dating is the process of getting in a relationship and finding out who you want to start a relationship with. The approach should be the same. Just because you're looking for a relationship doesn't mean you have to make it so formal.

First off, he does not sound like he is out of your league. You know what he likes, why not initiate some questions related to his interests? His job allows you to easily connect with him. You do have to be the controller in the situation, use that ability to your advantage. I can help you further if you are interested.

The dating scene has not changed in the past 3 years, perhaps different people but it is still the same. I think that you just have to used to being single and what the social interactions are. Just go out there and have fun with the situation whatever that means to you.

Pickup artistry isn't just for guys anymore. Lots of women are getting into it to learn how to approach guys just like the OP is asking for. I'd suggest getting a copy of Rules of the Game. It's pretty good for guys, and I think it'll work for women just the same (with some modifications here or there). The main thing is to not seem needy/clingy or scare the guy off.

Archived