Just broken up with my boyfriend!!

Im new to the board,

i had been going out with my boyfriend over 3 and a half months, we had split up just after xmas for just under a week, but got back together again,

He had been cheated on before and was terrified that it would happen again, i have been supportive and told him id wait till he sorted his head out,

he says he has strong feelings for me and iv told him i feel the same, he told me on friday that he wanted to make a real go off us and then on saturday i heard nothing from him and we were meant to be doing something together,

I text him on sunday and asked him totext me that we needed to talk,

he text me back saying we should go out separate ways as he has messed me about enough and needs time to sort his head,

Iv told him loads of times that we could take it slowly but when i dont hear from him i panick,

i text him back saying that when he has sorted his head he can text me if not then have a nice life, and also pleaded to give it another go,

I wish i never pushed him on saturday to see him, i miss him so much and i hope he comes back to me, im going to give him space and maybe text him in a few months,

i cant stop crying

Hi Rainy,

I am so sorry about your break-up to have someone you care about leave your life is such a terrible thing... I must admit this is rather similar to a break-up I had w/ the guy not giving any clue this was coming about and bam! it happens due to "confusion"...

Just remember that crying is ok and normal. Cry as much as you want w/o shame. Also, avoid grovelling at the guy's feet. You're better then that. There is a [link removed by Morrigan which offers tips and don'ts for winning back your loved one. You might want to give it a look.

Again, I'm so sorry about your disappointment and heartbreak and truly wish it could all just be a bad nightmare and this guy would still be with you...

I am so sorry about your breakup. I know what you are going through because I'm going through it as I write you this email. My ex broke up with me because he needed his space and is trying to find himself. We where together for three years also. Honey Cry Cry Cry! If that is what you have to do to heal. It is so normal and girl I have cried for three months and I still cry. I know you are going through some major pain and you think it is unbearable but honey you will get through this. Remember "Pain is weakness leaving the body". I am here for you just like other people from enotalone.com we care we really do care and we want you to be ok like I know you will me. Baby time heals all wounds. I'm not trying to tell you want I think about you but take it from somebody who has lived it. You were kinda controlling and selfish becuase you pushed him into doing soemthing that he didn't want to do at that time. Please p.m me so I can tell you other things about controlling. Please focus on yourself I know that it is hard and damn near impossible But I am here for you anytime of the day or night. Please p.m me. And honey take it easy. Ris

Its my ex's birthday in three weeks time and he will be 25, I want to text him on his birthday to wish im a happy birthday and that im thinking of him, What do you people think to this!!,

I have been really good and havent text him since we split up three days ago, im finding it hard not to text him but after reading the post about no contact it has boosted my drive in not to contact him, i have times where im strong and dont have the urge to contact him and then i have this great urge to contact him, this is taking alot of will power, but im determined to not contact and hope he misses me and wants to give me another go

The same thing happened to me about my ex's birthday. I sent him a card and he didn't call me on his birthday to say thank you. I was hurt. But my mentor told me this, Doit if you want but don't expect anything in return because it will be you that is hurting not him. Always always always protect your heart! That comes first!