Feelings for another when I swear I'm in love...

POAS

I can't seem to get over a small crush, that went *foosh* and got huge then grew smaller, that now is getting bigger once more. I'm in a relationship with Alex, who I love very dearly, but I can't help but have these feelings of self doubt. I get mixed signals from my crush but everything is straightforward with Alex. I'm just a confused teen trying to tell the difference between true love, Alex, and a hinderance, Crush.

Can anyone offer a word or two of advice.

Much appreciated.

Hi POAS,

It all boils down to who do you want to be with. Follow your heart, you know who you wan't to be with the problem is choice. Your already in a relationship with Alex do you love her enough to do anything for her, even die for her love is something that can only be felt by two people. When you have a crush it tends to make you emotions go all crazy and temptation sets in sometimes and if your in a relationship then it can provide a problem. Do you know your crush at all? Do you know that she likes you? What are your feelings about Alex?

In the end it's you that has to make the choice and late fate take it's course which ever way you choose.

Hope this has helped .

- whitefang

My appologies, i forget that the profiles have been changed and i don't look a the gender mark on the posts. I probably because i have a girl friend called Alex it just automatically came to my head that you were talking about a girl my appologies, sorry .

Your welcome to the advice

- whitefang

Have Alex and you been together for a long time? If so, your new "crush" may be due to the fact that you feel things aren't exciting between you and your love anymore. Pursuing a crush, on the other hand, provides a thrill. If this is the case, try to spice up your relationship with Alex a bit more.

I was in the same situation. Been with my guy for years, and suddenly this really sweet, nice, guy comes along and made me think twice about my long-term relationship (which had gotten comfortable and lack-lustre). I was so confused at one stage because I've been with my guy for so long, we've become so comfortable in each other's company, we're practically best friends, etc, but there was no longer that spark in our relationship. Like XxXCherryliciousXxX said, sometimes it starts with just that. You find yourself subconsciously looking for that slice of excitement in your life, so when someone comes along and gets your curiosity up, it can blow out of proportion if you're not careful with what your priorities are. In the end, I decided that in the long run, I wanted to be with my guy. I'm still in the process of getting over my crush, but at least I have made my decision. It's just a matter of time.

If deep down you think that your relationship with Alex is worth keeping, then don't ruin it with the Crush for the wrong reasons.

Thanks guys!! I just got back from having some fun with my family! I will ponder on this advice, as it sounds useable. And I guess, the relationship lacks spark because Alex has yet to have his first kiss but I've got dibs ^___^. Anyway, thanks guys!!