Giving a compliment to a lady friend ?

top bloke

So I have been talking to a few people in my life lately and they have been fantastic..great people ..wonderful personalities and weve shared quite a few of our experiences. I believe that they have enjoyed our conversations as much as I have theirs.

I have found them to be very nice on alot of levels and have reinforced the fact that they are great ..that they kindhearted and definitely worthy.That they deserve good things. It hasnt been long that I have been talking to some but sharing is caring. I do care alot but in a respectful manner.They know I am true to my family..

Would I be disrespectful if I commented on their looks? If I thought they looked terrific? Please let me know as I do not want to ever make anyone uncomfortable ever..never..

Not that their looks are important because I can see the true beauty in alot of people inside..what is in their hearts and the respectful open way they treat me.. I want them to know I value them and take them seriously..and have warm honest sincere feelings

I think it just depends on the person. Some people will be uncomfortable with this and others won't. If they're a close friend, I don't see why it should be akward. It also depends how you say it....

"You look really nice" vs. "You look hot".

There are ways to say it that sound more subdued and friendly rather than forward and raunchy.

I like having my friends tell me I look nice. And I do likewise. It isn't a sexual thing.

And it's true that when you meet good people, their inner beauty just makes them all the more gorgeous.

I said she looked stunning because she does. I am not a liar and just say things as I see them.. I can be blatantly honest. Truth is the person I am talking about is just a great person. After quite a bit of conversation here I think they are terrific and they could have looked like godzilla it would have not made a difference to me..

Tact is the key. Words to avoid "hot" "sexy" "fine" never use those ever unless you trying to pick up, but it tends to come off creepy.I save beautiful and gorgeous for special fancier events,or if they just go their hair done. But it is nice to compliment. I general pick something hair, shirt, shoes, stay away from pants/skirts (that's a no no). Converstation tends to go like this "Is that a new shirt" "No why?" "Oh just curious, cause you are looking nice today""Thanks" they smile and walk away not disrespected.

Stunning is a lovely word. I'd be very flattered if a friend told me this.

Thank you binoo that is really nice of you to help clear my conscience somewhat. I am happily married and always try to take pride in being a gentleman. I go with a smile and call life for what I see it..

I just wasnt sure if I came off in a negative way..

Tact is the key. Words to avoid "hot" "sexy" "fine" never use those ever unless you trying to pick up, but it tends to come off creepy.I save beautiful and gorgeous for special fancier events,or if they just go their hair done. But it is nice to compliment. I general pick something hair, shirt, shoes, stay away from pants/skirts (that's a no no). Converstation tends to go like this "Is that a new shirt" "No why?" "Oh just curious, cause you are looking nice today""Thanks" they smile and walk away not disrespected.

Those words are reserved for my loving wife only...I am tactful..

Aww, how nice

Ya, I wouldn't worry about offending anyone with your comments. Nothing wrong with giving your friends a little ego boost!

If anyone deserves a compliment like that Binoo it definitely was her.Very deserving..I have no regrets in anycase in a way. I said it and meant it..

I asked the question to see if I did say the wrong thing so to speak..Thank you .

If she comes accross this thread also..then terrific at least she knows I respect her,value her firendship and can appreciate the great qualities she has..

Archived