What on earth have I done!!

no6

My marriage of 8 months is about to take a serious down turn i.e. my wife and I are to separate. I keep blaming myself because it was my idea originally. How can I say it, there is no chemistry on my part which sounds so feeble but to commit to somebody fully a spark needs to be there, doesn't it? She cannot be faulted and has been kind and supportive through these months when I have quite honestly felt trapped. It showed and now my heart has got what it yearned for, I cannot understand why I feel so terribly frightened and panic struck. At 42 the world feels at an end and am scared that (selfishly) I will never get a better woman than my present wife. I also feel very bad about upsetting this woman that has shown such dedication and thoughtfulness. If I go back now, will it only be temporary?

Greetings,

I wish I had the answer. I'm 43 and going through similar emotions. I feel something is missing and I must leave, yet I don't want to hurt the one I am trying to leave. People here have advised me to remain strong and push forward. I'm trying to listen to my inner voice as to what is right. I'm still struggling, wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Good luck