The Gym

imsuperman

OK i was wondering when you intially said shirtless becuase i didn't think that was allowed at any gym. LOL

I think I initially said "sleeveless shirt." I don't even wear wife beaters, (I can't quite pull those off for whatever reason) but just normal sleeveless tees.

And I saw your post about the Y, and I'm talking about a Y. I've worked there for almost three years. Membership's free for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Try talking to them at the exit while a) they're on their way in or b) they're on their way out. They're also at the same time less likely to be super focused on their workout, so you don't have to worry too much about having your head bitten off Hopefully, they're not in a vulnerable state (ie, sweaty, not dressed to impressed, etc.. etc...)

On another note:

My gym has a juice bar. Ever try the juice bar section of the gym? I find that people are usually there to get some nutritionand relax as well.

Good luck!

Out of guys my age, I'm probably the least ripped one there. I'd be too embarrassed to talk to the hot girls at my gym. Even if they are open for conversation, they'd rather have it from sleeveless wifebeater guy (read: OP) than ol Joe Beer Keg here.

RRR, I do where sleeveless shirts but NOT wife beaters, lol. Everyone keeps confusing my shirts!

I'm not huge or anything, (6'3" or 6'4" and around 210 lbs) but people just seem to notice it more with me because I used to be really skinny. I dropped all the way down to 160 in the summer of 2007 because I was obsessed with having visible abs. My average weight was around 175 for that period of my life. I was in the low 190s last summer. I just improved my diet and started getting more quality calories, taking flaxseed, drinking milk and just getting more protein in me and saw huge gains. Unfortunately, I've been 210 for a 2 to 2 and a half months...trying to experiment to see if I can't stimulate more growth. The problem is I can't decide whether or not I wanna slim down or not for summer.

But this thread is about girls...are they staring at me because they find me attractive, or is it just something to do?

I always thought I would meet a lot of women working at a gym, but mostly it's my fault that I haven't. I have problems cold approaching because I always feel like it's too obvious no matter what I say or do, and that I'll get shot down.

I mean there are some girls that seem like they want me to say something, but they don't really help the situation. I'm not whining about having to do the legwork, but it would be nice if they put me in a situation where it was easy to start a conversation. I've actually had situations that I've explained on these forums where women have actually became frustrated with me for not talking to them and have tried to "get back" at me for it. Those have all happened at the gym.

But they UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE EVER START TALKING TO ME, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah not only is it hard because of what others have mentioned here, but Im also completely intimidated by the idea of cold approaching girls at my gym because these are the same girls (bombshells) that ALL the guys there are talking to...Guys who I know are probably 10000x better with women than I'll ever be. And I dont know that I really even want to date a girl whos getting that kind of constant male attention anyway.

There's this one girl in particular who is completely stunning (10/10) and who I think has made eyes at me a bunch of times, but I can't approach her to save my life. And now I can't get her off my mind, even when I'm not AT the gym. I have it bad and I've never even ******* talked to her. It's pathetic. She constantly gets chatted up and I feel like I don't want to contribute to inflating her ego even more, but yet she's on my mind so much that I'm on a damn message board posting about her right now. I don't even know what I would say to her that would top what all the other guys talk to her about, so I don't even bother.

I hate being single. I'm so tired of this BS

Eh, no one eyes me, so I'd have to creepily sneak up on them out of the blue.

Its ok, jsut grab a dumbell, smash them over the head and drag them back to the cave. Planet fitness provides all.

Approaching girls at the gym, to be honest most are unapproachable, i wont go bother someone with an ipod on, and i wont bother someone in the midst of a mini marathon on the tread mill, if i were to approach someone, id definitely make eye contact first and establish if there is so attraction, then attempt to talk at an opportune time.

Archived