I'm weird and confusing.

Josh19

Nothing..nothing is wrong with you. Live in the truth..live in the light and darkness you will avoid! At 13 with my brothers 16 and 10we ran the family business when dad got sick .

I have a question for you? Can you look people straight in the eye? Are you also brilliant in video games? Strategy?

How smart you are is completely irrelevant. You can't change it, and so it makes no difference. The real issue (as you have stated) is your lack of self-awareness, which you can change.

You could just be dissociated from having such a screwed up family. I think that therapy and/or meditation could improve your self-awareness by miles. I would go as far as to say that you'll be dissatisfied in life until you fix that.

The real issue runs deep and no one on these forums can do much to help you. Seek out a professional.

I think i'm a weird person and i cannot figure out if i am extremely smarter than others or if i just so dumb i know nothing. I use words of other knowledge and people get very confused with me. I am extremely hard to figure out. My own mom said she hasn't even figured me out.

Everyone has esoteric knowledge. It doesn't make them smart or weird. Most people won't talk about theirs with randoms, because they know it is confusing, and the goal of communication is clarity.

Nothing..nothing is wrong with you. Live in the truth..live in the light and darkness you will avoid! At 13 with my brothers 16 and 10we ran the family business when dad got sick .

I have a question for you? Can you look people straight in the eye? Are you also brilliant in video games? Strategy?

Yes I can look them straight in the eyes. I am very good at video games and strategitic things.

How smart you are is completely irrelevant. You can't change it, and so it makes no difference. The real issue (as you have stated) is your lack of self-awareness, which you can change.

You could just be dissociated from having such a screwed up family. I think that therapy and/or meditation could improve your self-awareness by miles. I would go as far as to say that you'll be dissatisfied in life until you fix that.

The real issue runs deep and no one on these forums can do much to help you. Seek out a professional.

Everyone has esoteric knowledge. It doesn't make them smart or weird. Most people won't talk about theirs with randoms, because they know it is confusing, and the goal of communication is clarity.

I have a psychiatrist that i have been going to for 12 years, we are his oldest family and he knows me pretty well. But he is not the person I feel most comfortable talking to, my best-friend for 15 years is. I've known him since day 1 and we talk about everything.

josh.. You love mathematics...

Do you love technical things,video games? Fast cars from tv?

Yes, I do love math, very much so. and yeah haha i used to take apart my old computers, games systems, and other such stuff, and put them back together.

Don't really watch TV much, actually.

josh i want you to know that i have a very special nephew . He is special because he is my favourite. He loves watching me at the drag strip ripping huge burnouts before i stage my car for takeoff at the starting lights. Any way he too is unreal at maths,technical issues and says it how it is. He sometimes sticks his fingers at me and says up yours to me with a smile. He jokes.

You know josh he is alot like you and you know what? I love him heaps.

There is nothing wrong with you guys..just a little diferent man..

josh i want you to know that i have a very special nephew . He is special because he is my favourite. He loves watching me at the drag strip ripping huge burnouts before i stage my car for takeoff at the starting lights. Any way he too is unreal at maths,technical issues and says it how it is. He sometimes sticks his fingers at me and says up yours to me with a smile. He jokes.

You know josh he is alot like you and you know what? I love him heaps.

There is nothing wrong with you guys..just a little diferent man..

Different in a a good way, right?

I am very happy to have a beautiful girlfriend who likes me for who I am.

Although there is so much she has to learn about me, same for me to learn about her, we have something amazing as teenagers. It's not dumb love or infatuation either nor is it us being in 'lala land'. It's been about 8 months now and she knows I speak my every word I think so if I ever say something completely retarted like 'i bet your going to get tired of me in 6 months' she will completely ignore it and act as if I had never said that, because she knows me pretty well, but not entirely. My best friend Nick is the only person who completely knows me and actually thinks the exact same as I do and he is the only person that I feel comfortable with to talk about things, and life, and such. I'm not the cool person at school or anything, and honestly don't care to be. I hate meeting new people and will keep the friends I have now because they are the only thing that matters to me. High school isn't to be the coolest, it's to pass and go to college and then start your real life. Also i forgot to add in that I have some ESP in me and can see straight through people and know exactly how they feel and the vibes I get from my girlfriend are completely, truly amazing as teenagers. She is 15 right now and will be 16 in 2 months. I will be 17 in 6. We have only been in 1 argument and that was the first two weeks. Although, you can never have a relationship without arguments, in my opinion. It isn't healthy to not have 1 every now and then, but not purposly or anything. Isn't that true?

Josh.. You are far more intelligent than the ordinary person. You beat them hands down. I would not dream to versus you in playstation or computers

You have superior tecnical,mathematical gifts as it were. Also in addition to that you also have good social skills as well.

You are very smart and i like you but i am afraid that i do know what your problem may be but it is not my business nor anyone here to say it.

You are a clever clever talented person and i can compare people like you to einstein and i am not kidding.. No lie.

Josh if you think you know what is wrong you please tell me. If you cannot i believe that your mum has a right to let you know..can you understand me bud? I want to respect you ok?

Yes, i sent you a private message.

Send in there so we can talk about some issues. Is that ok?

Man id love to but it is midnight where i am and ive just drunk my beer.I am close to closing my eyes...as it reacts with my heart medication and i get 3 times the effect for each one...i cant even believe I am typing.... Man i think you may have a certain problem but youll need a psychiatrist to be sure. Theres no shame in it either as they are trained to look after these things... I am not skilled like them..i am like you..finding my way..finding a better day so please dont hold it against me mate..

Anyway my liitle boy cant sleep so i am going to pat him to sleep. Ill cya mate..get some help..ok?

Josh, I am not a therapist or doctor by any means, but wanted to give you my opinion on your situation. You sound like a bright and heartfelt person who is struggling to figure some things out.

Do you know anything about Aspergers Syndrome? I only thought of it because of a few things you said.You mentioned that you are very smart and have a great memory. You also mentioned that you are very literal and always tell the truth. You mentioned too that you don't care about being part of a group or clique and you really don't care about what others think.

Often people with Aspergers are very intelligent people who can do extremely well at their jobs. They have an incredible memory for details and can stay very focussed on a topic - sometimes to the exclusion of all other things. Despite these plusses they sometimes struggle with social interactions and reading social nuances. They are very literal and have a hard time lying. Of course this can cause embarrasment or confusion in a social situation where tact is often valued over truth.

You may want to go to an Asperger's support group and talk to a therapist about evaluation. I have no idea if this is what you have - it is just a guess based on what you have communicated and particular details of some people in my life with Aspergers. Good luck to you.

Hmm, I have never heard of it. I will look it up and see if it mathces my situation's correctly. As from what you said, it does. Also, when I have a hard time lying, as I almost never do, I feel as if it doesn't matter if it embarrasses me or confuse people, it's like I MUST say it or something.

Thanks for the Aspergers syndrome thing, I will check on it now.

Josh, I wanted to clarify one comment. When I was talking about embarrassment in social situations I was talking about other people. You tell the truth because you are compelled too, but depending on the social situation others might perceive it to be inappropriate. For example my neighbor's daughter (Jill) has Aspergers. The three of us were at a dinner party a while ago with a group of other neighbors. One of the hosts asked why the husband (Jill's father) did not come. Jill's mother said he was busy. Jill blurted out that she didn't understand why her mom was so mean to her father all the time. This comment was very embarrassing to her mother. Jill was was actually speaking the truth though since Jill's mother and father were in the process of getting a divorce and had been arguing and fighting a lot. Jill didn't have any bad intentions or want to hurt her mother - she just didn't realize that personal information like that is somewhat private/embarrassing and isn't something that you would necessarily share with neighbors at a dinner party. Hope that clarifies my comment

Awwww it would be so cute to have you as a friend.

Maybe you shouldn't think so deeply

I can't help it.

Like when someone says they have never lied, it's a lie. Noone can control what they think in their mind, you would have to do what I do when I sleep, clear your whole mind. I can't do that all the time. It's just the way my mind is functioning.

I can't help it.

Like when someone says they have never lied, it's a lie. Noone can control what they think in their mind, you would have to do what I do when I sleep, clear your whole mind. I can't do that all the time. It's just the way my mind is functioning.

Oh.. I was also gonna suggest you try to turn off your mind and think of nothing (but not all the time)..but I guess that's not going to work

But I actually like the fact that my mind is always on. I love to think, i just don't like saying everything I think out loudly to someone. I told my girlfriend she was going to get tired of me in 6 months out of no where. She got mad at me for jumping to conclusions, but she just ignores the dumb things I say now, as now she knows me alot better.

But I actually like the fact that my mind is always on. I love to think, i just don't like saying everything I think out loudly to someone. I told my girlfriend she was going to get tired of me in 6 months out of no where. She got mad at me for jumping to conclusions, but she just ignores the dumb things I say now, as now she knows me alot better.

Can you take a second to think about what you're gonna say?

Can you take a second to think about what you're gonna say?

Well it's just how my mind and personality works. I am always a positive thinker, therefore I think that what i'm saying is actually a good thing. I sometimes know it's bad but I say it anyway because I like to have a challenge, it's very weird.

Well it's just how my mind and personality works. I am always a positive thinker, therefore I think that what i'm saying is actually a good thing. I sometimes know it's bad but I say it anyway because I like to have a challenge, it's very weird.

Maybe find some other challenges

I once read a book about someone who would blurt things out and he actually would stuff a sock in his mouth before saying stuff he didn't want to.

Maybe find some other challenges

I once read a book about someone who would blurt things out and he actually would stuff a sock in his mouth before saying stuff he didn't want to.

I do want other challenges, but this is the hardest of them all in my opinion. I like to make friends who like me for me, and this is just me. I could care less about the other people thinking i'm weird and all. I will never change me to fit in this group, or this group. I have those friends, too. My 4 best friends and my girlfriend. I just don't want to be saying things loudly ALL the time

I do want other challenges, but this is the hardest of them all in my opinion. I like to make friends who like me for me, and this is just me. I could care less about the other people thinking i'm weird and all. I will never change me to fit in this group, or this group. I have those friends, too. My 4 best friends and my girlfriend. I just don't want to be saying things loudly ALL the time

But..why does it bother you when you don't care what other people think?

Archived