A lil helpful advice?

I am hurt

OK, As some of you may know i have just got out of a serious relationship. I would like to start dating again but im a bit rusty. Theres this gurl at church whose family sits in the same row as me. I catch her Eyeing me up all the time. Sometimes we make some serious Eye contact and all we do is smile and look away. Well, last sunday i went up and talked to her and her family. I introduced myself and started talking. When i walked up she turned around and acted like she didnt see me so i started talking to her mom. I told her mom i went to college and she said yeah Mindy goes to ur same school. Then she turns around and i said yeah ive seen you around. Then i went and shook her hand and she started shaking really bad. I can tell she was really nervous. SHe was so nervous it made me nervous and then i couldnt talk to her. So i kept talking to her mom. While i was leaving I saw her watching me as i was leaving. I know she likes me but now she makes me nervous. I never get nervous talking to woman. I will see her again this Sunday. Should i ask her for her phone number? Im really attracted to this girl and im not really sure on how i should go about this? Help please?

OK, you know she is in your college, why not ask her about what she does there, what she likes, what she is interested in, what classes she takes, etc. You know you can ask her questions that are semi intelligent. If you have this info, pick anohter relevant topic regarding something that happeend at your school. If you know one of her interests, do a little research find out about it and ask her questions about it. If you are asking her anything but really dumb questions, she will talk to you and enjoy it.

When you are ending the conversation, tell her you enjoy talking to her and would like to do it some more. You are reading her body language pretty well now, if she reacts positively to that comment/question by you, just ask her if she would like to get together, what about lunch at school? It's safe and you get to know her.

Hi,

Well done on introducing yourself to her parents that's a big step and also talking to her. If she's giving you eye contact then she probably is intrested in you as long as you keep showing an intrest back she should get the message. Now that you know that she goes to the same college even better, you can watch out for her. When you pass her on campus try saying "Hi!" to her and see what sort of recation you get from her. As suggested by Beec take a look ast her body language when you see her around campus and at the church. With you going up to her parents after church at introducing yourself, she probably felt a little embaressed and nervous (she probably wasn't expecting it). Her parent's probably told her that you were a very nice young man and told her that she should go out with you (it's only a guess, though). That sort of thing will get girls really embarssed. When you see her in church next wave at her or say "Hi" when she passes. If you don't feel like doing that the given some eye contact again during church and go up afterwards and ask her if howshe is and if she fancy doing anything some time with you. You can even ask her these things on college campus if it makes you feel better, just be yourself when your around her and go with the flow of the moment. I know that your going to be nervous and your going to be feeling funny inside and out when talking to her but it will go away once you start talking to her.

Hope this has helped in some way

Inu Yasha

Well guys thanks for the help. I usually dont get nervous talking to the opposite sex but for some reasone this gurl makes me nervous. I think its because she started shaking. Ive never had a woman shake like that before. It caught me off guard and i lost my train of thought. I probably wont see her on campus cause i go at nights. So i guess ill try to strike up a conversation at church again unless i see her around town. 8)

This is just what I have done, but have a couple of your friends go out to eat, or if your parents are around go out and eat with them, and invite her family to come with. It will give you a chance to really check out the girl and her parrents and see how she interacts with people. It just gives you a lot of insight into the person, and makes it a little easer to ask the girl out.

I guess most people wouldn't do that, but I it's what I have done in the past.

Nifty,

Wow, that's a move I don't think I'd ever try. I can see what you are trying to do,, but I'd just feel like her or my family being around would not give me a chance to work on what I wanted to do: flirt with her. But if you can, you are using something I don't think I have. Dang. I'm still trying to picture it.

I am hurt,

The shaking thing blows me away. I think this girl is either probably very, very into you, or very inexperienced with guys. You should proceed slowly. If she is just scared, a fast move make send her running. She has to know you are safe to be with as a first priority. If she is that into you, you need not rush. And if you do rush, you risk the relationship being a flash of lightning that's gone before you hear the thunder. I'd heat it up slowly.

Well to tell you the truth i dont really want to rush into things myself. Ive gone through a lot of crap lately and im really just looking for a friend. You see im kinda new to this area. Ive only lived here for 2 1/2 years. In those 2 1/2 years i have only been with my ex and she hated it when i had friends other than her so i never got around to meeting new people. When i was with my ex on dates i would often see this gurl dating other people as well. So I dont really think she is new to dating. I just hope we may have something special. I never ever get nervous talking to females and this girl has me nervous. I dunno i sound like a wussy! I feel like this is more than finding this girl attractive i think i have a crush on her. Hell i no i do! Well see what happens and ill let yall know! Thanx everyone for some great advice. And if anyone else has something to say please do. 8)