I feel like i got played big time.

gnarlyhoc

Anyway i was with this girl for about 8 months. You can read my old post to see what it was about. I never really knew where we stood, i wrote her a letter explaining it.

"you know i love you to death but as an incredible friend. i don't feel the same spark that you feel about us."..." i love all the time we spend together and you know i lean on you for pretty much everything and anything"

alright.... wow. Didn't see that coming. I didn't know "friends" were willing to travel 600 miles to see each other. I also had no idea that friends give a kiss goodnight at the end of a date. Since it was my birthday yesterday... i get one really good kiss too. Huh.... what am i supposed to think?

Sorry for the rant. I just feel played. I did everything i could for that girl. She gave off the signs she was interested. Im glad i just got an answer about this. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I know people will say "Friendzone" and stuff like that. But why would you show that type an interest? She always brought up "another girl". She brought it up last night before i gave her the letter. Why would she care to bring it up so many times? Ack. Frustrating. At least i can move on now....

Aw... Few things are more painful that unrequited love...

I haven't read your other thread, but it sounds like she always thought of you as a friend, and because you had deeper feelings, you might have manifested something more was actually happening.

I don't think she played you - it sounds like she genuinely cares for you, but alas, as a friend...

did you think it was a date? friends don't go on dates. maybe you read into it too much. you put in more than they wanted and they had a different idea of your situation than you did.

but yeah, now you can move on though.

i wouldn't say you got played though. i'd say you opened up your heart at a bad time and got the wrong result.

Would you call a dinner for 2 at a nice place a date? I wouldn't say every time was "date". Actually just about a week ago. We watched a movie here. She seemed a little closed off at first. But then she had her legs on my legs. I had my arm around her. I don't know, but even when hanging out with "just friends" i never had that happen.

But you could be right too. Maybe i did read to much into it. Seems like everytime when i don't read into it, I should have. When i do, im wrong. haha.

Would you call a dinner for 2 at a nice place a date? I wouldn't say every time was "date". Actually just about a week ago. We watched a movie here. She seemed a little closed off at first. But then she had her legs on my legs. I had my arm around her. I don't know, but even when hanging out with "just friends" i never had that happen.

But you could be right too. Maybe i did read to much into it. Seems like everytime when i don't read into it, I should have. When i do, im wrong. haha.

i've cozied up to some friends before. i've gone to a dinner with a friend before. you have to understand where affection crosses over. you can even have sex with a friend. i've done it, it's not a good idea and i won't do it anymore, but it can happen. you have to know where you are putting in your emotion and receiving basically nothing back.

Nah, can't deny you make a good point. I probably should have seen some of this coming. She is one of these "moral" girls. Prides herself on her good morals. I really liked that about her. I figured when she gave me a big birthday kiss before she left, that really meant something. Or when she said "You can kiss me goodnight and all, but that doesn't mean there isn't another girl". I don't really see friends caring if there is "another girl".

But all is good again. I can move on to other girls and have some fun again. I always made my intensions clear with her. Without saying "Hey, i want to be in a relationship, like i said this time". But, live and learn.

Archived