Ew yuck!

alli

For the past week or so I've been getting this horrible taste in my mouth! My nose as been stuffy & bleeds frequently because I'm taking accutane. I don't think I have a sinus infection since it doesn't hurt when I press on my sinuses, but if I did have a sinus infection, could that cause a bad taste? I've had sinus infections before but it never experienced this symptom due to anything. Anyone else experience something similar?

I don't really want to go to the Dr for this if it's avoidable; they are going to start thinking I'm a hypochondriac!

LOL welcome to the ranks - my doc accused me of that once because he didn't like the fact that I was quite sensitive to changes in my body. My NEW doc (ha) thinks I'm pretty good at figuring out when I'm getting sick.... I diagnosed a vitamin deficiency 2 months before it showed up in a blood test.

Anyway... it could be a side effect of the meds (check on link removed), or maybe you have an infection in a tooth. I had a little gum infection that produced a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, sinus can do that because it screws up your sense of taste too.

so weird, I just saw this and totally! I am getting the same thing. It almost tastes like blood, but when I cough it up, it's just mucous as normal. I have always had bad sinuses too.

Sorry, not going to help you out I know, but at least you know you're not alone

So this thread was a while ago; no one will probably see this message anyway, but I figured out the cause!!

I got this new chapstick my Dr recommended. I think it smells horrible. It also puts a horrible but also different taste in my mouth. I didn't even realize it because I use so many different chapsticks. Generally I have one in each room in my house, one in my pocket & one in my purse. My bf suggested this chapstick was the cause & he was right!!

Anyway, I thought I'd share that because I knew you were dying to know the answer just as much as me.

Glad to know I don't have a sinus or gum infection to deal with. I'm still using the chapstick because it works better than all the others.

Archived