christmas/ new years eve texts

Firstly thanks to all for your stories, thoughts and comments. Can honestly say I have drawn on it all to help me.

Been NC, as my ex requested, for 10 days. It does get easier with time, have noticed a change in my attitude already.

I know christmas and new years eve will be tough - and know I will get the temptation to send a christmas/new years text to my ex. Any ideas on how to combat this?

I know it's difficult not to as one wonders what signals it sends out such as do they think you are being hostile. After all, it is Christmas and peace and good will to everyone, including ex's (unless there are bad reasons for the breakup).

As NC has been requested by your ex you should respect their wishes and not send a text. You probably will do more harm than good.

I was going to email my ex a merry xmas/happy new year message. Planned out what I was going to say for a week. Picked a date I was going to send it, the works.

Then I woke up and realized that his day isn't going to be any different, his christmas won't be any merrier, his new year won't be any more of a celebration if I hurt myself and send it to him expecting a reply that I won't get. I say don't do it because they don't deserve it. And in some cases, they might even expect us to cave and send them something... so don't give them the satisfaction.

Firstly thanks to all for your stories, thoughts and comments. Can honestly say I have drawn on it all to help me.

Been NC, as my ex requested, for 10 days. It does get easier with time, have noticed a change in my attitude already.

I know christmas and new years eve will be tough - and know I will get the temptation to send a christmas/new years text to my ex. Any ideas on how to combat this?

I think start by asking yourself why you want to wish him a Merry Christmas?

Whatever the answer is the response you receive will not be satisfying, not even if he does return it!

Think they don't want to hear from us or they would be with us and it just looks pathetic.

And I hate looking pathetic, I want him to think my life is FULL without him!

Archived