A Fresh Start

Tethryn

Well, I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but I figured it would most definitely be a form of self growth if any change came from this, so here goes.

I'm 20 years old, going on 21 next January. I have Hazel eye's, pale skin, and shortish wavy-curly brown hair (with blond highlights). My height is 5 feet 8 inches, I have a slim figure due to a high metabolism, and last I knew weighed in at around 121 pounds (that was at 16, and hasn't really changed). I also have both ears pierced and wear glasses.

My parents started getting divorced when I was 14, me and my mother moved to Holland for a year, where I turned 15, and couldn't file for residency because my father hadn't filed the divorce papers (her relationship there didn't work out anyways) and then had to fly back to America. I went to a College Prep High-school, having to get up at 6 every morning to catch a bus at 7:15, then ride the bus for nearly two hours, to then get off the bus and walk/run to school to get there at 9:10, then get out at 2:45, unless I was in the Play, then we got out at 4:00 or so, and then ride the bus back and get picked up.

During this time my Mother would work about 5 hours a day, also personally taking care of elderly people, working dinner party's, and cleaning houses (all under the table jobs) on top of everything else she did.

Nearing graduation a series of various betrayals by some people we thought were friends, ended up costing us thousands of dollars, for absolutely nothing.

Then I graduated and we moved to a little town in P.A., buying a house that was over 100 years old, and planning to renovate it... Of course it didn't work out as planned, we ran out of money...

So Mom went and got a job again, and we also applied for Food Stamps, and I started looking for a Job, to no avail...

Mother could only work for minimum wage at 20 hours a weak, and was not allowed to get another job at the same time. Then, on June 5th a short while after midnight my mother had a Brain Aneurysm, luckily I was still awake to call 911, and after basically the entire summer in the hospital she came out with flying colors and only some memory problems to show for it all.

Now neither of us have a Job, we've been applying for all the help we think we can get, while in the mean time all the help we are trying to get seems to be trying to work against helping us.

We've never had money, and really hold on to what few things we do have, though everything seems to be slowly slipping, or rotting, away.

When we lived in Vermont, I lived basically on a Mountain with no one around us, I never learned to socialize really, and the town we live in now doesn't seem the best place to learn either, most people here go everywhere else to do or get anything, other than the few small businesses that are here in town (not hiring as far as I know).

Most of my clothes are from when I was 15+ and still fit me for the most part, I have very few newer clothes, and the same goes for my Mother. My mother got her GED, and I have a Diploma (didn't have the best grades though). From what I recall (LOL) I have A.D.D. and Short Term Memory Loss, and there was something else that I can't remember. Never had the best confidence, and not always the brightest bulb in the bunch, though I'm not stupid necessarily.

I'm looking for ALL kinds of advice, suggestions, and critic!

Of course not your life is not hopeless, because you are working to change it to make it better.

I am sorry to hear you have had such a rough start in life, and I am really glad to hear that your Mom is doing well.

You said that you were looking for advice and suggestions, maybe I missed it, but I dont think I saw the question.

Thats just it, I have no idea what to ask advice on... I never go anywhere or meet people, and when they sued to ask me (even before I graduated high-school) "What do you wanna be when you grow up?" I never knew. Been like this for years, I sit here playing games, eating junk-food, and wishing things were better. All the kids that graduated with me went to College like they wanted, but with me, even if I could go, I wouldn't know what I wanted to take, I can't hold an interest long enough to do anything with it... If you want, go ahead and try and ask me something specific, I know its weird, but it's always seemed like people have gotten the best answers out of me that way. Otherwise I just go off on a bunch of tangents... Sorry if this is annoying.

I think if I were you, I would find a local community college, apply for financial aid and take a few core classes that would apply to any major, e.g. English, Math, History, and so on. It would not do any harm, you could get to meet people there and maybe figure out a direction. It would be a healthier and more positive direction.

That would be nice, but I am also kinda stuck at home, my mother owns the car, though she might lose her license soon, which would make me the only person who can drive... Legally anyways... And I have no idea whats going to happen with job's and income either...

Archived