urrrrrrrgh, so mad over parting comment...

sandrawg

My halloween was pretty awful. My bf and I have been hanging on by a thread lately, for various reasons. We'd been taking space...BUT we made plans ot be together on Halloween ages ago. He picked out my costume. I made it clear, I'd really like to spend Halloween with him. He told me he wasn't feeling like going out. I guess I should've just let it go. But I really wanted to see him.

So, we talked about various things to go out and do. Well, he threw a monkey wrench into it-wanted to invite his male friend. This particular friend screwed up our halloween last year, cuz he's a raging alcoholic. We ended up babysitting him while he could barely stand up last year. So, I was not too pleased. The friend wanted to go to this pub in my bf's neighborhood.

I'm not a big fan of this place-it's one of those places you just sit around and drink. I asked my bf "we're not gonna stay there long, right?" he said "no-one or two drinks."

Well 1 or 2 drinks stretched into 3 or 4. Meanwhile, bf's friend invited a bunch of little punky, immature guys to hang out with us. Plus, one of my bf's friends kept hitting on me everytime my bf walked outside to smoke.

After 3 hours of this, I was done. I told my bf I wanted to leave. He basicalyl said he wanted to hang out with his friends, so bye! See ya later! I was like, wait-we haven't seen each other in 2 weeks. He had just hung out w/his friends a few days ago. That didn't matter-he still insisted he wanted to stay.

I felt ditched, and totally hurt.

I ended up crying at 1am. I was texting him, begging him for an explanation. Nothing.

The next day, he said he thought taking space shouldn't mean that we act differently just cuz it's a holiday...I felt betrayed cuz he'd promised me we wouldn't stay with his friend long.

It was just another glaring example of our incompatibility and his difficulties communicating with me.

I brought him his stuff Saturday. We cried and talked a lot about 'being friends down the road'. Oh, and he told me that after I left Friday, he'd been tempted to hook up w/ a random chick in the bar.

But, he said "I learned from you not to act like that." Like he's paying me a compliment by saying this?

Ever since, that comment's been niggling at me. I think it's cruel. I had an ex who used to say degrading things and make them sound like a compliment to me.

I make a dumb mistake and got into an email battle with him over it. He thinks i'm blowing it out of proportion. i don't think so. I'd like to get other opinions. Don't worry, I'm not considering getting back with him or regretting the breakup.

I just need a reality check, I guess.

i did the email battle and voice mail battle the spiraled out of control, and i do wish she would take me back or just talk as friends, i really miss that

i never had my emotions get that out of control in my life and its like a steel plate on my chest i have to deal with every day, so i fell your pain

like others have told me you did nothing wrong, it was just the situation that got out of control

i did the email battle and voice mail battle the spiraled out of control, and i do wish she would take me back or just talk as friends, i really miss that

i never had my emotions get that out of control in my life and its like a steel plate on my chest i have to deal with every day, so i fell your pain

like others have told me you did nothing wrong, it was just the situation that got out of control

\

What did you guys fight about?

His need to get a parting shot/mentioning of the random girl shows he's hurt by the break-up alot more than he's willing to admit. Leave it all behind...

I thought that too, but he's mentioned it before, when we weren't breaking up but just discussing it -that he was tempted to go pick up a random girl at a bar.

\

What did you guys fight about?

i made a comment that i would sell something to buy a ring, not that i was commiting, i just thought it would prove to her i love her that much, than over haloween we were suppose to go on a date, she told me that she couldnt and it got me angry and i yelled over an email message instead of saying its ok, next time, i will never be able to let that go

i made a comment that i would sell something to buy a ring, not that i was commiting, i just thought it would prove to her i love her that much, than over haloween we were suppose to go on a date, she told me that she couldnt and it got me angry and i yelled over an email message instead of saying its ok, next time, i will never be able to let that go

Wow, that seems like a minor thing for you guys to break up over. She broke up with you because you got mad that she couldn't go out with you?

Archived