When you ask for his/her number, do you call?

Cirquel

Nope, I also text. I rarely get guys numbers though if I'm honest. If however I don't call or text, it means I just have no interest in them whatsoever. which is how I take it if a guy doesn't call me when he says he will, I just don't take it too heart

Nope, I also text. I rarely get guys numbers though if I'm honest. If however I don't call or text, it means I just have no interest in them whatsoever. which is how I take it if a guy doesn't call me when he says he will, I just don't take it too heart

So have you actually asked for their number, and not called back because you're not interested in them?

Alternatively, has this ever happened to you?

Well typically if I am interested in a girl I will ask for her number after I have had some small talk with her and had a chance to see if we can relate to each other. However, there are certain instances where I wont ask for her number, and it is typically situations were she expects me to ask for her number (in essense she is arrogant).

Just because I get a girl's number doesnt mean that I am going to call her, after we had a chance to talk I will think about what she said and think about if I should give her a call.

Of course I'd always call; it's just not guaranteed that anyone would answer. Heck, it's not guaranteed that I'd answer either, given the fact that I now share a phone line in the same household. I've become convinced that with so much technology to connect with people, that we have made more opportunities for ourselves to put up facades and excuses to avoid such connections.

I openly and proudly admit that I am guilty of not always calling, due to disinterest. What can I say, I'm an introvert and part mime.

Of course I'd always call; it's just not guaranteed that anyone would answer. Heck, it's not guaranteed that I'd answer either, given the fact that I now share a phone line in the same household. I've become convinced that with so much technology to connect with people, that we have made more opportunities for ourselves to put up facades and excuses to avoid such connections.

I openly and proudly admit that I am guilty of not always calling, due to disinterest. What can I say, I'm an introvert and part mime.

Understandable. I agree that we make opportunities for ourselves to avoid such connections... and from what I've heard, there's really a 50/50 chance someone will call you after getting your number.

Just wanted to see how true it is!

Men who ask only call back once in a while. If a woman asks for a number, she will call. I never get numbers, its stupid. If a man gives me his number, I'll take it...if I like him, I'll give him mine that instant b/c I think the man should do the persuing, not the woman. If I don't, I'll take it b/c I fear men that are strangers who are interested and I'm not interested back. i usually trash the numbers of guys i'm not interested in. or keep it on my desk for ego purposes when i'm feeling low

Always wait for 2 days! dont look desperate...

Call her and make sure to get a date face to face It has always worked for me...

btw My sister taught me this long time ago

i almost never wait 2 days. i discuss with the person when i'd like to see them again, when i'll call, etc. i don't play the X amount of days games.

However, there are certain instances where I wont ask for her number, and it is typically situations were she expects me to ask for her number (in essense she is arrogant).

I don't get it. How could a girl expecting the guy to ask for the number seem arrogant? I really don't understand. really don't. The only reason why she would do that is because she really liked the guy and hopes he would ask. If he doesn't, then she'll assume that he wasn't interested enough to ask for the number. I think this is just a girl's natural instincts.

If you disagree (which is fine but I want to know why), how about this:

An example: a girl is friendly to the guy and let's him know she's available but hopes he would ask for her number or ask her out.--is that arrogant of her?

If there is 1 person who thinks this, there must be other guys who also think like this. So I would like to know how and why so I can understand it. Please let me know if I misunderstood.

Thanks.

Archived