Went charging to the ex's house for a showdown

A nice showdown of heartfelt emotion. Regular members will know the gut-wrenching issues i have been dealing with for 5 months, my ex dumped me long distance and jumped in with a married older man as opposite if me as you could find anywhere. I lost the love of my life and she got a middle-aged fuddy-duddy for a "boyfriend" I can hardly even say it.

I wrote her another letter (yeah, I know) and got a lame response, decided to go by her house tonight. Her Dog kennel is out on the lawn. She is flying out tomorrow and probably moving in with the guy and bringing the dog with her. Big step.

We sat in the very light misty rain and I held her hand and poured out my soul. All I can get out of her is how sorry she is, no reason, no idea what went wrong. "my life is moving in another direction" To this minute she wears the promise ring I gave her...

I laid the doormat rap about being her best friend and if anything happens i will be there for her. Could not help it, love her so much...

How would a woman feel? She cried so hard to me that she wished she could change things... I said you can, only you can... I told her I have never in 48 years loved someone so much....

Is leaving the door wide open a mistake? The rebound with the guy eventually may play out, is it stupid blind false hope to think she may miss me? We really did have such a good time...

Well. It's hard to just stop loving a person. I mean, you want to do the nice thing and it's tough to imagine being hurtful to the one person who you possibly love more than anything else.

Past lovers, if they care about each other, will always miss each other, but how much depends on the individual. Yet, once the relationship is over, it stays that way. It's all about acceptance.

I had another thought about last nights talk... she showed so much emotion and cried about something from 3 years ago that i never knew bothered her, me not visiting when she was on a travel job, i thought she said she would be home soon anyway, she is still angry I did not go to see her... I know her rebound guy is not all that, but the sadness and tears after 5 months broken up got me thinking... and digging for hope.

Wow, thats tough. I'm sorry to hear that. When me and my ex broke up she brought up stuff that had happened a year before, and she cried. I think its just their way of trying to place some blame on you and taking guilt off of them.

My advice is just let her go. There's a quote "if you love somone you have to let them go, if they come back they love you, if not, they were never yours to begin with."

I'm sure you've heard it. I think if you just quit contacting her and trying she'd feel like she lost you as her crutch and she'd appreciate you more.

i dunno

Is leaving the door wide open a mistake? The rebound with the guy eventually may play out, is it stupid blind false hope to think she may miss me? We really did have such a good time...

Leaving the door wide open is not a mistake.Pursuing her is.

Do you want someone who doesn't want you? Take some serious advice Nearwater.If they don't want to know................then they are not worth knowing!!!

Best of luck my friend!

Archived