I have a proposition...

It seems like a lot of people here think/feel that their ex's are the "best people on earth"... Although they were SUCH a big part of your life, you should all realize that there are over 6 BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET. Now, I don't want to downplay your feelings for your ex, but check this out... it really helped me:

Go out! Go to a grocery store, go to the park, go to a Starbucks, go to a book/music store, anywhere where there are other people. Bring with you positive feelings. Please try to! I want everyone here to talk to a complete stranger. Talk to someone you think is cute/interesting. Be yourself, ask them how their day is going. You don't have to flirt/hit on them. Actually you shouldn't. Just strike up a conversation. You will be happily surprised what you find. A stranger who knows nothing about your situation will not judge you about your hurt feelings. You will see that people will talk to you and see in you who you trully are. You will see that other people DO like you. You're ex is just someone who didn't see your beauty trully. Others will. Trust me this is so helpful. It's a simple goal for tomorrow. Do it. Let me know how it went.

I actually really do agree with you. After about 3-4 months of sulking I made myself completely against my will go out into the world and start meeting people and I wanted to prove to myself that this wasn't the end of the world and there were nice people (and hell even some of the opposite sex) out there. It did help. Still missed her like hell but definitely made the fall a bit easier.

i agree. i was at the gym last night and started talking to one of the personal trainers who works there. we had exchanged hello's plenty of times but never really had a chat. this time we chatted for about 5-10 minutes and we covered everything from training, going out, the fact she was previously married, where we live, cultural background, age, previous jobs, education etc. the convo just flowed so easily and it was like neither of us cared about revealing info that you normally wouldn't reveal within 5 minutes of meeting someone. it was a really nice feeling.

thanks mrirving, i just got out of the police station after being violently sprayed with pepper spray by some old lady i decided to go up with "good feelings".

lol, joking aside, i don't think you should just go up to random people in the streets and dark alley ways, but i do agree with you. talk to someone on the bus, or your taxi driver, greet the milkman ect, ask a stranger for help with something ( even if its reaching a high cereal box lol) and see how many will just stop what they're doing, and help you.

this world is jam packed with great people just slowly revolving around the sun. you just need to realise that

well, i give my smile and utter a few words to security guards, drivers, vendors, and even those i happen to share a table with at the cafeteria... does that count? ^__^ i know that there are lots of wonderful people out there in the world. i really don't need to try talking to one stranger just to prove it, nor to feel good... but if the circumstances call for it though, why not? ^__^

Archived