Surrounded by man-eaters. Deep mistrust in the whole female species.

BusyNAbroad

Thanks.

I wasn't clear about a thing. Please, please, please...

I meet loads of people in the nightlife scene, especially women, but the ones I get romantically involved with I usually meet while traveling, or are women I knew years ago from some exchange program with the school.

And yet it seems that even they are somehow... fake.

I seem not to understand beforehand whether a woman is fake or not.

It takes a break up to do so...

Maybe you're ignoring red flags. It's easy to do. Most liars/cheats, etc., give off hints early on.

Practically, my question would be: what can I do to make a man-eater woman re-assess herself? What approach should I take in trying to talk with her seriously, at a non-superficial level?

So basically, you're getting involved with women who want to play the field (or whatever their agenda may be) and thinking you can change them?

Maybe they don't want to change. Maybe they don't view you as some benevolent force sent to show them the error of their ways.

The reason everyone is suggesting that you make changes within yourself is because you are the common denominator in all these scenarios. Trying to change the behavior of everyone else instead of pointing that finger inward is utterly useless.

Distrusting females as a whole is a knee-jerk response to your own personal missteps.

Since High School (I'm 32 now...) I've had 3 serious relationships;

The first I married. I had nothing but trust in her. It just didn't work out for several reasons. Nothing eart shattering.

The second, I thought it was great, then she just left one day and that was that, I'll never know what happened. That hurt.

The woman I'm with now, I trust more than anyone. She's wonderful. You never know how things will come to be. Don't generalize or think everyone is the same because they're not. There are all kinds of people out there; you just have to have the mindset that the right one will come along. If you hang in there, she'll come around when you least expect it.

Have some faith...

Archived